Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is on a jdm b18c motor and tranny. First gear is real difficult to engage, I have to put some force into it till it goes on but I get no grinds. Also After first, the rest of the gears engage real smoothly. I also noticed that with some speed, first will engage not too bad. I have Honda MTF in there. Could the first gear syncro be bad? could it have something to do with my linkage?

·
Registered
258 Posts
seephor said:
Well this is on a jdm b18c motor and tranny. First gear is real difficult to engage, I have to put some force into it till it goes on but I get no grinds. Also After first, the rest of the gears engage real smoothly. I also noticed that with some speed, first will engage not too bad. I have Honda MTF in there. Could the first gear syncro be bad? could it have something to do with my linkage?
damn that shit sounds weird..at least its not grinding though..so it might be your linkage..check that out first

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
seephor said:
kick it.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
yea sounds like your linkage. if it was your syncros it would grind like a bitch. How new its your tranny fluid. mine was replaced when i got my new clutch recently and it made a big difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts