Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...made my very first mod today on the Accord..though it is a bit "ricer"..if I understand that term correctly... ricer = all show..no go

I wanted the Silverstars or my AEM CAI(being purchased from a SHO member), but...
Silverstars...can't get damn locking ring off...and loaned my strap wrench out
CAI...haven't recieved it yet...

So, I had bid on this item on ebay..figuring I probably wouldn't win with as many bidders as they had...but I did. While waiting for my Simple Green to do it's job. I installed it....

You may notice I had already removed the handle, before I remembered to get a pic..hence the button sticking out a bit too far

I hope the tuner gods will forgive me ...I may keep the boot, but go back to the stock handle. Not sure yet

Well back to detailing...

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
culmination said:
hmmmmm.....

its gonna look kinda funny how it looks like a stick shift.. but you are not actually shifting~

:nod.......thats shits funny.....i didnt know you could buy a shift boot to look like that for a auto.....im slow...

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
B&M sells a kit to make your column shifter for an auto to a manual looking stick on the floor for trucks.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
culmination said:
perhaps i should make my stick shift to look like an automatic? hahahah that would be hella funny~ :D
5 on the tree?

·
Registered
70 Posts
culmination said:
perhaps i should make my stick shift to look like an automatic? hahahah that would be hella funny~ :D
LOL - I was thinking the same thing!

Then I remembered that would be gay - actually a little more gay than making an auto look like a manual.

Raz :p

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
When your RPMs get high enough just put your hand on it and pretend to shift it, so your passengers can comment how smooth you are shifting! They'll be saying "Wow man taht iz teh r0x0rz how smooth you are G!" or something like that :rolleyes

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
well I really can't have much nice to say about that. and whats with the center consol trim?..the maple wood look kinda throws off everything

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
not only the wood trim but whats up with the lighters, pennies and what looks like is nails laying around the place?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The wood trim was done by my in-laws when they bought the car. All the lovely maple is fastened with screws, not adhesive, thus I am stuck with it. Unless I want the lovely screw holes to appear throughout the dash, door panels and console. The pennies, lighter , etc...things I found under the seats, under the console and such...I am detailing the car for the first time since I got it home just before Christmas...

Now as far as the faux 5-sp...I knew the "stuff" would fly when I posted this :nuts ...but hey, haven't we all done something a little stupid we regret admitting! :kick
I only hope this is my first and last...but only the Tuner Gods know for sure what lies ahead...

BTW...Just became a fully paid...reallife premium member :clap

·
Registered
772 Posts
i think it looks good, just no type r shift knob hehe

·
Registered
17,396 Posts
hmm..hows the hard-wireing process going?
I do have Silver Stars as well..
unplug then push the OEM bulbs in a bit, then counter-clock twist to take off.
no touchin the bulbs, never.
hope all goes well
mad-ass

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have a suggestion for that woodgrain shit...I hate wood grain in any car whether it was there from factory or put there by someone...

you can either....

go to a junkyard and find your trimming (all the woodgrain shit) and just buy it and reinstall it....

OR

find a paint shop and ask them how much they would paint all that stuff to make it black, grey, gunmetal or whatever color matches your interior...

believe me it would look 100 % better than that shit in there now..

and on the shift knob..I had that idea back in the day but i never did do it...but I dont think its a bad looking idea..b/c half of your friends already know its auto anyways so whats the big deal...if you like it its your car..

btw I guess Im back..i havent been here in like 3 mths.. :clap

1 - 17 of 17 Posts