Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
(6-02-11) I know it's a sad update, but stuff happens then I went on a camping/rafting vacation so sue me.
I did free up my bills for the next paycheck and got this for $99 @ HF:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I got this crazy looking monster in the mail. It's made by Brownline (I never heard of them) and I only payed $99 shipped w/ the cool "blown plastic" case and all. This 1/2" drive torque wrench is fricken huge at about 22-1/2inch and ranges from 15-150 ft/lbs. I havn't got to really play with it yet but despite the fact it prolly won't do alot of good inside the engine bay I think I can make good use out of it.

Brown Line Metalworks, LLC | Professional Grade Digital Torque Wrench

I'll do a product review on it one day :cool

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Look at the trash in the cylinder left over from the machine shop that you can't really see with the naked eye:

I figured I'd paint it up real fast too:

Kermit loves to help but didn't want to stay still long enough for a snap shot lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It's looking good. Sad you didn't polish the valve cover. I posted before that pic was up.
Lol, I know you read the first post...the one that said "give me an hour to post the build up"? Anyway I didn't like the ghost letter idea at all.

Oh and the Z6 and Y7 cranks arn't exactly the same, the Z6 has extra oiling holes. I should have taken pictures to show but the Y7 had 1 hole hole per journal as where the Z6 has 2.

But this is the build in all it's glory for now. Thankz for taking the time to check it out. I'll keep the first post updated and complete :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Being "finished" is so over rated wouldn't you agree? The important thing is that I actually started project and don't plan on quitting any time soon.
Lol, sorry man I just got off midnights, you'll have to excuse me.

Really though, new tires and a tune-up is a must on the Sol before winter and I'm already having a tough time figuring that out right now. No worries though I've accepted the fact that I need to just take my time in order to do it right. I've already been working on this over a year now so it is what it is. Updates will be posted as they happen from this post foward :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
dam. i like what your doing, only raw motor build ive seen on here so far with this much detail. i just picked up a 93 sol si so im gonna be starting to do somthing with the motor soon. have an h22a1 but will cost alot to do the swap. how much is this build running you?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts