Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.hondanews.com/CatID2000?mid=2006032051996&mime=asc

TORRANCE, Calif., March 20 -- The all-new 2006 Honda Fit will debut at dealerships nationwide on April 20 with a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $13,850
Code:
Model     Transmission            MSRP       EPA City/Hwy.

Fit          5-Speed Manual      $13,850    33/38
. 	     5-Speed Automatic   $14,650    31/38
Fit Sport    5-Speed Manual     $15,170    33/38
. 	     5-Speed Automatic 	$15,970    31/37

Destination and Handling Charge is $550 per vehicle.
keeping in mind honda's MSRP is usually about 10% higher than invoice. i'd guess the lowest price would be $12,600.
-----------------
http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/060317/new_2007_honda_fit.html?.v=1

canadian pricing

TORONTO, March 17 /CNW/ - Honda's new 2007 Honda Fit 5-door hatchback will launch in Canada starting at $14,980. The Fit goes on sale in Canada on April 3

·
Registered
972 Posts
The Fit sport only comes with additional body kit, upgraded audio system and paddle shifter. No K20, just the same 108hp L15 1500cc engine. But Mugen sell K20 mounting kit, that will come easy for somebody who wants to mod it... But K20 is overkill for the car IMHO, but oh well, we live in an excessive world anyway.

It's quite cheap though... In my country CVT Fit (equivalent of American Fit Sports) costs around US$17K, without ABS, airbags and upgraded audio.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Sport edition has upgraded suspension, brakes, audio, and a body kit... probably different wheels to.

Completed the high speed lane change test in Car and Driver's last comparison 6 miles per hour FASTER than the new CORVETTE Z06.

It's a freakin' go-kart.

~Peace

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Fit Sport is the way to go. I just got mine and it kicks azz. I have a bunch of pictures at the link in my signature.

I like the suspension on the sport it handles like a dream.

·
Registered
3 Posts
drknife said:
The Fit Sport is the way to go. I just got mine and it kicks azz. I have a bunch of pictures at the link in my signature.

I like the suspension on the sport it handles like a dream.
nice pics, also seems you packed alot into it from your trip to costco. i plan on picking one up to handle my 86 miles 1 way to work trip :D , just gotta find time to head out to the dealer and take one for a spin.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been trying to get quotes to buy one, but every Honda dealer wants up to ~$1000 over MSRP, including Stevens Creek, Modesto, and Fremont. Gilroy didn't have any in stock yet.

How long before $250-$500 less than MSRP? The car is already a tad expense for what one gets, I think.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
xorbe said:
I've been trying to get quotes to buy one, but every Honda dealer wants up to ~$1000 over MSRP, including Stevens Creek, Modesto, and Fremont. Gilroy didn't have any in stock yet.

How long before $250-$500 less than MSRP? The car is already a tad expense for what one gets, I think.
they'll always start high. find what model/options you want, make sure you have the money on hand (in the bank, or have been preapproved for a loan from your bank(s)/credit agency/financial institution on the amount you're willing to pay); & that the dealer you're going to has the specific car to match.

go in tell them you're willing to buy it right then if they give you a good deal, they'll come back w/ something slightly better; tell them if they can give it to you for $X you'll start the paperwork, if not you'll shop around w/ other dealers.

i havent been able to find invoice pricing on it yet, but generally honda's MSRP is 10% above invoice.

& if youre financing it, remember to get the final price set before you negotiate a payment plan ("we can negotiate payment after we have an agreement on the final price."); if the F&I office gets their hands on you before you have a price set in stone they will jack it way up. also, check your credit rating from all 3 agencies and get preapproved from a couple sources for a loan. if you're financing it they will run your credit & come back and tell you "we can offer you $X for Y months w/ Z down". if you have your preapproved loans you can do the math and see if they're jacking it up. (they'll always jack it up, it's just a question of how much. Dealers get huge discounts on loans, there's a 99.99% chance they'll get better rates than your bank, the question is how greedy they are. They'll try to get the most $ out of you as they think is possible w/o having you walk). If they lie to you about your credit score it's a felony; report them to the BBB & your attorney general.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sports are all sold out at every lot, except there was a black sport a/t
in Palo Alto. I whittled them down to MSRP (started at $2000 over, wtf?)
and wrote them a check.

:D

Sunnyvale said that the Fit is selling like the Civic Si here -- they'll probably
move to a waiting list or something.

I'm from the vwvortex world, hope this forum is a little more civilized (yeah right!)

:aww

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
xorbe said:
Sports are all sold out at every lot, except there was a black sport a/t
in Palo Alto. I whittled them down to MSRP (started at $2000 over, wtf?)
and wrote them a check.

:D

Sunnyvale said that the Fit is selling like the Civic Si here -- they'll probably
move to a waiting list or something.

I'm from the vwvortex world, hope this forum is a little more civilized (yeah right!)

:aww
nice :number1

congrats on the fit :tu & welcome to sho :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.