Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a turbo on my d15 Del sol. wel First I thought the oil line was leaking "got a new one" Now today I started the car, and come to notice that the fittings are leaking, where I attached the Oil sender unit. What can you reccomened I do to stop thge leak. I am already going to replace the fittings, but should I wrap them in anything? or put somthing on them to prevent this from happening again?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think screwing them in, is quiet easy to do.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i had the same problem with my oil pressure fittings, plumbers tape is what you are looking for. wrap the fitting with that a couple times and your problem will be fixed

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that I what I am going to do. I anm awaiting for my Oil Inlet flange to arrivle in the mail, int he next few days. once that get's here I will then Pull aparts the fittings and re, tape them.. Hopefully this solves all the problems.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I plan on running Low boost, on this 1.5 probley about 4 pouunds. I will be in the market for a new moter, but I need to look for a place to move first.. I think I want to do a 1.6 Sohc VTEC. I got a good deal on a 1.5 I was offered $115 for a used one with 80K on it..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dude for me it's worth it. I am doing it now to get al prepared for my engine swap..

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
teflon tape sucks....

get the liquid teflon :)

apply it on the threads with a brush, thread it in and it will solidify and harden

1 - 14 of 14 Posts