Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fixed it folks. I finally broke down and bought Bosch Platnium plugs (OEM spec) and replaced all my Denso IK16's.

After driving around for 30 minutes (that's when the problems usually occur) Engine idle is no longer rough, hesitating, or almost feel like premature detonation "pop" sounds.

I examined each of the Denso plugs I pulled out and didn't see anything funny with them. I rechecked the gaps and they were within the .04 specs.

I don't know what was causing the problems. It only occurs when the engine is warmed up and running for at least 15-20 minutes. Sometimes even less. Then, the rough idle, hesitation, some "pop" sounds when I'm at a stop. Never when I'm driving at speeds above 5mph. Wierd huh?

I had tried new plug wires, fuel injector cleaners, rechecked rotor and distributer cap. I didn't try running premium fuel though. But now that the problem is solved, I don't care...hehehe

Like I said, the Denso plugs looked fine, so I don't know why they were affecting my engine. Anyone want used Denso's for $20? all 6. Used for about 6 months. IK16's.

Dizzy

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I can say is that those plugs in the rear are a BITCH to get too. Especially when ur trying to shove a torque wrench on top of it too!

I had to get the deep set plug lug and add an extension to it. But then when I tried to pull out the plug after screwing it in, the extension came out but left the plug lug in! LOL. So...Mr. Duct Tape to the rescue.

Anyone have another method? Just for future reference.
Thanks!

Dizzy

· Registered
1,227 Posts
Dizzy said:
All I can say is that those plugs in the rear are a BITCH to get too. Especially when ur trying to shove a torque wrench on top of it too!

I had to get the deep set plug lug and add an extension to it. But then when I tried to pull out the plug after screwing it in, the extension came out but left the plug lug in! LOL. So...Mr. Duct Tape to the rescue.

Anyone have another method? Just for future reference.
Thanks!

Dizzy
when i did mine i put some duct tape around the extention all the way down to the plug socket just to make sure it wouldnt break. i really didnt have trouble w/ any of the plugs except for the back left one and what i did to get that one in is unbolt that bar thingy back there and that made it alot easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.