Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 Civic Hatch W/B18C1 swap. It is lowered on Neuspeed sport springs its aligned but i dont have a camber kit. The car drives straight and does not have a tracking problem but the steering feels so light at speed that it makes the car feel kinda squirly. I dont have power steering. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is 230000 on the body. The alignment guy said that no parts were worn out and all the bolts are tight,as far as the steering goes. I dont know about the bushings themselves... I do have a little Neg camber goin on but he said its nothing major. How a bout a steering stabilizer do you think that would do it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well when i accelerate hard from about 30-65mph is when its the most noticeable and then when im just cruising at 50mph the steering just feels really light and squirly. I almost have to keep both hands on the wheel at all times. Is this normal honda steering?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Franki Jones said:
Well when i accelerate hard from about 30-65mph is when its the most noticeable and then when im just cruising at 50mph the steering just feels really light and squirly. I almost have to keep both hands on the wheel at all times. Is this normal honda steering?
i'd have to drive it....but at anything over 45 is will seem much lighter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you guys added camber kits to your civic? I wonder if it will help to have the camber at 0. Right now i believe that mine is at about -1.0 front and rear. I know that its not a very big deal. I think my other problem is that i also drive a 2006 Audi A4 and i am comparing the two. I just cant imagine racing a civic with this kind of steering. Do any of you have the camber kits?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.