Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let a friend borrow my car while I was at work and he ended up flipping it. I was just wondoring if his insurance would pay for it. How much do u think they would pay? I had some cheap rims 93,000 miles good condition stock motor. expectin $6000 maybe. Kinda pissed me off since I went and picked up my turbo LS the next day. hopefully I will get another hatch

btw, it was a 96 auto. Please let me know how much u think they would pay it's not a big name insurance company or anything just a local one and he was 17 if that helps

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Shouldn't his policy give him protection even when he's driving other cars? I think he should pay for your new ride. Hopefully he wasn't doing anything reckless when it flipped, otherwise I wonder how much of a hassle his or your company's will give you?

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Depends on what state your in, some require you insure the driver, some require you insure the car. When I lived in CT, my insurance was on the car, which is why I never let anyone drive it, because if they f'ed up, it would bite me in the ass. But in AZ, you insure the driver, so if I screw up and am in someone elses car, I pay for damages and or fines. Check with your agent, or go to your state's DMV or equivilent's website and check the regs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
just say someone stole it.....j/k...i think they said it all...but wow...that sucks...sorry man..

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
What the hell was he doing?

As said before it will depend on what state you are in and what kind of insurance you have. I know that my insurance covers both my car and whatever car i drive.

If the car was rolled it should be totaled unless it not that bad.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
The insurance company will only reimburse you what the automobile was worth according to the NADA. It won't matter what mods had been done to it unless it was insured as a classic or exotic car. For a 96 lude I'd say 6k would be about your top end. Go to this place and you can find out the trade in on your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts