Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has it been done? i want to put a flowmaster 40 on my 92 prelude S with a CAI and a hi-flow CAT. i want to get some advice from some luders.

i am gonna get a exhuast system one day. but $250+ is to much for me right now. i can get both the cat and muffler for 90 shipped and installed. and then would get a tip for the muffler aswell. just want some advice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have Y Pipes with 2 Flowmaster mufflers on my 4th Gen VTEC. If someone could host a video I have of my racing you could hear how it sounds. Real nice and deep. Very Powerfull. But Im loosing backpressure power because of them. I need to revert to a single. Oh im on custom 2.5 Pipes with Hi Flo Cat.

Anybody help me host the video?

·
Registered
870 Posts
REVHARDH22 said:
I have Y Pipes with 2 Flowmaster mufflers on my 4th Gen VTEC. If someone could host a video I have of my racing you could hear how it sounds. Real nice and deep. Very Powerfull. But Im loosing backpressure power because of them. I need to revert to a single. Oh im on custom 2.5 Pipes with Hi Flo Cat.

Anybody help me host the video?
he did

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's not a true dual set up. It's just Y Piped, so It appears to be Dual. Althought, I should mention I bought the car with the set up already on it. That expect for the Hi Flo Cat.

MooMan can tell you my car isnt rice either :) :) Post up the video man!!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
REVHARDH22 said:
It's not a true dual set up. It's just Y Piped, so It appears to be Dual. Althought, I should mention I bought the car with the set up already on it. That expect for the Hi Flo Cat.

MooMan can tell you my car isnt rice either :) :) Post up the video man!!
Hey, are you that guy I was talking to at MCC with the Black 5th gen? haha

~Peace

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
01preluder said:
dual exhuast on a prelude is nothing more than RICE. a 4cyl should not be running dual!
I feel bad telling you this but for some reason I actually like the look of dual exhausts on most cars. My friend has an Integra with a custom dual exhaust and although it offers no performance gain, it looks and sounds really nice. I would totally do it to my car but people would kill me for it...and I would hate it being so loud. But either way I think it looks nice.

BTW i realise it robs you of power, but to me it would be worth it.

EDIT: I shouldnt have posted this :bh

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
that link doesn't really show much of anything...the sound is both cars combined. Just post a pic so we can see what it looks like.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
REVHARDH22 said:
did the video work? Everytime I tried it it didnt work, so I deleted it. And you can clearly hear my car over the other one. I was just posting it up for Mooman because he wanted to know what it would sound like.
nah it worked fine...all i had to do was enter my birth year and zip code and the movie loaded right up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I should also add that I lost that race because (If you couldnt hear) I had a hard time throwing it into 4th. The car I was racing was a VTEC 4th gen with VTEC set at 4500!!! and the secondary runners open at 3K! CRAZY SHIT The car proabbly has internal work, because he pulls slightly on my top end but that might be because my Exhaust set-up. He has a single pipe.

Also.. I have an Intake, Exhaust, ACT Stage II racing clutch and a Fidanza Flywheel.

·
Registered
106 Posts
PERSONAL OPINION

dont go with a frankenstein exaust. Save your money and buy a nice/expensive/professional/clean looking tanabe racing medalion or a greddy evo exaust. Actually will help your performance and sounds like it should sound! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.