Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was told by a guy that its bad to have a lightweight flywheel on my car. i have a 98 Accord with an FMAX kit. T3/T4. i ordered an ACT clutch and Fidanza 8.5lb flywheel. a guy told me its bad to have a lightweight flywheel due to the fact that the revs will drop too quick and lose boost. is this true? should i keep my stock flywheel? i'm gonna need some good explanation to keep this bad boy from goin on. my redline is 6200 on a stock internal F23 running 6-9 lbs

·
Registered
221 Posts
with that kit and the potential power, a flywheel's a waste of money and dependability. it's a good wheel but it's too light and will cause you to rev fast and revs will drop faster than normally. you won't loose boost but your rpms will be slightly lower sooner. you may want to stay stock with the flywheel, also for it's durability. 8.5 is too light. i'd go with 10-12 at the lowest. good luck in researching it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can't say from experience, but i have heard that ultralight flywheels make daily driving a pain in the ass.... personally i have a 11 lb SRP chromoly steel flywheel and it gives the best of all worlds........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts