Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it's possible to have fog lights installed on a 95 civic hatchback cx? or any idea about the costs in CAD $$...a general estimate would be helpful:)

Cheers,
Tim

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm getting the local aftermarket shop to do it...I'm just worried, will having HI foglights and HI headlights burn out my honda's battery?

Cheers,
Tim

·
Registered
462 Posts
Lights!

TO: 95CivicCx
Its easy to put on flog lights. You can get some nice fog lights at Wal-Mart. The wiring direction are easy and understandable. When I'm not using my fog lights, I usually just unhook the power wire from my fog lights.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the replies thus far :)

does anyone know how much the lights would cost, and how many hours it would take to install it?

thanks!

Tim

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if the extra voltages will burn out the civic's battery? (since it's not used to having stock fog lights)

I'm planning on putting HI fog lights AND HI headlights, so this is why I'm wondering if it will overtax the battery.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think getting either OEM fog lights or if you can't find the original or it's too expensive, get the OEM style ones. I got the ones made by Depot and they're great. Nice light output and doesnt drain my battery at all. I got a JDM fog light switch to go with everything else that lights up amber. well, that my suggestion on what you should do. I think it will look a lot better than any aftermarket

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
95CivicCX said:
I wonder if the extra voltages will burn out the civic's battery? (since it's not used to having stock fog lights)

I'm planning on putting HI fog lights AND HI headlights, so this is why I'm wondering if it will overtax the battery.

Thanks,
Tim

it wont be too bad

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am thinking about installing fog lights on my 95 Civic also (Coupe though). I was going to get the OEM style ones...maybe paint them red. I would have to cut out the opening though....which I'm not really comfortable doing. Is the shop thats installing the lights going to cut them out on your civic?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes they are, and they will be cutting into the dash to install the button as well.

--Tim

·
Registered
299 Posts
link1305 said:
I am thinking about installing fog lights on my 95 Civic also (Coupe though). I was going to get the OEM style ones...maybe paint them red. I would have to cut out the opening though....which I'm not really comfortable doing. Is the shop thats installing the lights going to cut them out on your civic?
when you take off your bumper there are lines where cut them out. It is really easy, just make sure you don't cut off a screw hole. just cut along the lines and you're good to go. and whats this about cutting in the dash for a switch? the oem style ones come with an oem style switch where you put it either next to defrost button or next to cruise button. easy peasy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.