Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone on this board has the switches from the 2001 Civic in there SI that light up? Are they plug and play or do you need an extra wire or something? I saw one person done it already and I am curious to know if anyone has done it to their SI and if so, please let me know. I have done the search and came up 0

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
It will work I think if you go to clubsi.com and do a search there. I remembera guy who did it. All you need is to order the switches with there harnesses then modify them to fit in the area.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Si-OWNER said:
It will work I think if you go to clubsi.com and do a search there. I remembera guy who did it. All you need is to order the switches with there harnesses then modify them to fit in the area.
I have contacted one guy but he told me that he had to tear to car apart and find out. I can't see why he didn't remember. Do you remember that guy who did it by chance?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Sorry, it was posted on clubsi.com a while ago but I cant seem to find it now. But when I asked the guy how he did it he just said he had to rewire the harnesses together that connects to the switchs. He said it wasnt that hard since you just need to match up the color of the wires for both harnesses since the 2000 wont fit in the 2001 switch. Hope that helps

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Si-OWNER said:
Sorry, it was posted on clubsi.com a while ago but I cant seem to find it now. But when I asked the guy how he did it he just said he had to rewire the harnesses together that connects to the switchs. He said it wasnt that hard since you just need to match up the color of the wires for both harnesses since the 2000 wont fit in the 2001 switch. Hope that helps
Thanks. Well it looks like I will have to order the harrnesses now. Thanks though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kike_Si said:
I want to do this also, that left side needs some lightup switches. Post up some more info if you guys get it.
Okay you got it. I also bought some switches from the junk yard today for the light up. I didn't know that I was going to but then I saw a 2001 Civic EX and I bought the switches from them. But then I ordered a set before I realized I was going. Anyway, I hope someone post something soon so I can get started. I will let you know when it all happens. Later.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I looked into this once as it used to be a Pet Peeve. You should look at the sun roof controls from a 1999 Accord EX V6. That switch is the exact same as ours from the outside and it is illuminated. I never investigated the wiring but I'm betting with Honda it would be plug and play.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Ok well I e-mailed hparts.com to get a price quote for the controls from the 2001 civic and the 1999 accord V6. Also how much the harness would be from the 01 civic also, so I should be getting a e-mail tomorrow sometime.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Si-OWNER said:
Ok well I e-mailed hparts.com to get a price quote for the controls from the 2001 civic and the 1999 accord V6. Also how much the harness would be from the 01 civic also, so I should be getting a e-mail tomorrow sometime.
Cool. Let us know what the deal is. I am still wondering about those switches from the Accord. Matter of fact, I was just at the damn junk yard on Saturday. Oh well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts