Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a '89 integra for free.... The motor has a piston knocking so instead of rebuilding or replacing the car with the stock motor, I was thinking more along the lines of a b16a. But my question is... How hard is it to change it from OBD0 to OBD I. Anything will help :D

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Glad to help :lol

OBD1 is the shit for tuning ability, whether for performance or efficiency

· Registered
10,346 Posts

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Just cuz its dangling by the one wire dont mean its cool :lmao

Reactions: Darkness

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Haha alright. Off topic but its all good. But I still need to do more research. Blah haha.
you need a OBD 0 to OBD 1 harness, maybe a new distributo, and maybe MAYBE some witring. Lemme check around, in the mean time, hit up honda-tech, they have some fucking scientists over there

· Registered
110 Posts
Go to rywire.com and buy a obd0 to obd1 ecu conversion harness, and depending on what year engine you put in you can buy a engine harness or wire it yourself! if you get an obd0 b16 it will plug right up with the stock harness. the only wiring you would have to do is for the Vtec.

· Registered
110 Posts
Go to rywire.com and buy a obd0 to obd1 ecu conversion harness, and depending on what year engine you put in you can buy a engine harness or wire it yourself! if you get an obd0 b16 it will plug right up with the stock harness. the only wiring you would have to do is for the Vtec.
I mean you can always grow some balls :butthead: lol, and wire it yourself! thats what I do!

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I will prolly just do it myself... Cause why not?! But what i was thinking for this '89 integra was a b16 so it would have to be converted to OBD I. But I will do more research.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Well I will prolly just do it myself... Cause why not?! But what i was thinking for this '89 integra was a b16 so it would have to be converted to OBD I. But I will do more research.
Not entirely sure, but that motor, if its an 89, should be OBD 0

· Registered
10,346 Posts

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
ehh don't do a b16, they're weaksauce, get a b18b cheaper and better midrange. and for the price you save on a b16, you could do cams and boltons on a b18b and walk gsr's all day long. b18b with gsr tranny ftw

· Registered
10,346 Posts
ehh don't do a b16, they're weaksauce, get a b18b cheaper and better midrange. and for the price you save on a b16, you could do cams and boltons on a b18b and walk gsr's all day long. b18b with gsr tranny ftw
the fact that its a B series means its gonna pull on the D series, enough for him im sure.

· Registered
10,346 Posts

This B series is teh sex, toda killa cams, idles like a fucking V8

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.