Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have the lsvtec swap in my integra... my setup is simply but strong... B18B1 block with B16 1gen head.. and i was wondering what ecu is the best for this setup...

i hear is the P28 with the Jun chip when the vtec engauges at 4,4K and eplodes to 5,8 so no rev limit..

but i have a GSr P72 Skunk 2 and the vtec engauges at 4,8 and runs very strong but obviously i need one chip that makes the vtec starts at 4,4K

what do u recommmend for this setup and what ecu do you have for street, drag racing or what...

im interesting for 1/8 mile or 1/4 ..

any info will apreciate..

thanks

:cool:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lshybrid195 said:
i have a p28 wit a mugen chip and that shit pulls when vtec hit at 5700
dont you think 5700 is some late for a drag racing competition? ...
i mean i think that if the vtec engauges more fast you have more chance to beat another racer...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cyvic said:
Or you could get a Vtec controller. I would prefer that than buy a new ECU or chip. Plus you can adjust your air and fuel.
Vtec Controller is another thread.... i asked for all that dont have AVFC and want to engage vtec at 4,4K :p
 

· Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
f-bot said:
Vtec Controller is another thread.... i asked for all that dont have AVFC and want to engage vtec at 4,4K :p
I got a p72 Not chipped, and works fine.

The VTEC activate at 4.4rpm...the latest is around 4.7-4.8k. i have noticed this in my teg, too. At wide open throttle it will kick in sooner, like 4,400rpm. and normaly activate at 4,800rpm ...they only activate at 4,400 when you are at full throttle.

my suggest it, that you should buy a P72 ECU :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shocky said:
I got a p72 Not chipped, and works fine.

The VTEC activate at 4.4rpm...the latest is around 4.7-4.8k. i have noticed this in my teg, too. At wide open throttle it will kick in sooner, like 4,400rpm. and normaly activate at 4,800rpm ...they only activate at 4,400 when you are at full throttle.

my suggest it, that you should buy a P72 ECU :D
thats not my point... read first dude.. this thread is for LSVTEC swaps, you have B16 is so different...i have a GSR P72 Running with the Skunk 2 program.. that engages the vtec at 4,8K...

why you think 400RPM really make a difference in the chips?..
i mean my point is i need to know if really matter if the vtec engages to soon...

just check the JUN and MUGEN Programs it engages the vtec up to 5,2K but the professional racers prefer those ones...

but why??... thats my question...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
f-bot said:
thats not my point... read first dude.. i have a GSR P72 Running with the Skunk 2 program.. that engages the vtec at 4,8K...

why you think 400RPM really make a difference in the chips?..
i mean my point is i need to know if really matter if the vtec engages to soon...

just check the JUN and MUGEN Programs it engages the vtec up to 5,2K but the professional racers prefer those ones...

but why??... thats my question...
This is another question!! :mad: i already answer the first one!! :rolleyes:

but i you have a P72, your vtec should activate at 4,400 rpm, at full throttle, that respond your first thread. ;)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shocky said:
This is another question!! :mad: i already answer the first one!! :rolleyes:

but i you have a P72, your vtec should activate at 4,400 rpm, at full throttle, that respond your first thread. ;)
REALLY HARD WITH YOU.... i said P72 CHIPPED with skunk 2 program that engages at 4,8K!!!!...
i didnt say my Ecu is stock...

and my first question dude is for lsvtecs like the thread says...

:sleep:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
f-bot said:
R
and my first question dude is for lsvtecs like the thread says...
ok so check the LS/vtec sticky at the top of the forum, I know for sure there was a huge discussion about ECUs on that teg sticky thats in there, thanks
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top