Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im putting 4 12" JL WO subs in the lude on monday, i want to make sure there are no rattles. my previous two sub setup kicked the crap out of my car on the inside, way too many rattles. are you guys getting this too? also post your setups, and Db level if possible. also how loud is loud for you guys. one more thing, how did you stop it?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
wow 4 12's :) i only have 2 12's in my civic and its more then loud enough :) heck i cant even breath when its half way up :)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
814 Posts
im still trying to figure out how you're going to fit 4 12's in the trunk of a prelude...
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
13,997 Posts
I have one sub and its gotten me in trouble with the cops...

But yeah the rear window and where the back-deck or whatever which holds the speakers as well it rattles against the window...I havent been able to fix that.

My license plate rattled , i fixed that by putting foam behind it. Other than that its good....my windows are starting to rattle , but thats because I need to get them tightened.

Other than that its a sturdy car....you can use liquid sound dampner if u really need....
 

· Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
There is around here.....$75 for the first offense, $100 for the second, and $150 for the third and any thereafter. Thats if they can hear your music from 100 feet. You can hear the damn words at 100 feet! You don't even need bass. A friend of mine got a ticket in his mustang and all he has are 2 6x9's!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mike_sho said:
I have one sub and its gotten me in trouble with the cops...

But yeah the rear window and where the back-deck or whatever which holds the speakers as well it rattles against the window...I havent been able to fix that.

My license plate rattled , i fixed that by putting foam behind it. Other than that its good....my windows are starting to rattle , but thats because I need to get them tightened.

Other than that its a sturdy car....you can use liquid sound dampner if u really need....
i had the same problems and soved the plate one the same too. i just got back from tweeter and im thinking of either 2 12s and 2 15s, or 3 15s or maybe just 2 15s. ah, as long as i go deaf
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
how in the hell are you going to fit all those subs in that tiny trunk?

i have 2 12s...1000 watt each running through a shitty, shitty amp...it doesnt rattle that much, but it vibrates the back of the car. it just sounds like dull metal knocking against other dull metal...its not too bad.

ive heard that the back turn signals (the ones on the side, cant remember what they are called) vibrate a lot...and it helps to put dynomatt next to them or something...im too lazy to do this myself...but check it out. good luck with that system...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
Lude498 said:
my old stereo would would make the rear windsheild flex 1/8". now i have 2 more subs! muhahahah
youve lost your mind :)
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
9,316 Posts
Lude498 said:
im putting 4 12" JL WO subs in the lude on monday, i want to make sure there are no rattles. my previous two sub setup kicked the crap out of my car on the inside, way too many rattles. are you guys getting this too? also post your setups, and Db level if possible. also how loud is loud for you guys. one more thing, how did you stop it?
How are you fitting 4 12's in a lude with out taking the rear seats out????

Either way the thing is going to vibrate, what you need to do is rip your trunk apart and spray some sound dampner on the metal.
Then dynomat the hell out of it.

Who is doing the work? Also what is the specs on the W0's? How much space do they require? What kind of setup are you going to use, like how is the box being designed? Also what are you planning on powering these with.

I have installed many system, and what I learned is, it's not how many subs you have, it's all about how you power them, and how you set everything up. Remember quality not quanity.

Four JL's have tons of potencial, but setup the wrong way, they will sound like shit. For the size of your car, you would be better off with two, and just feed them plenty of power. JL's love PPI amps.

One other thing, what do you have for your mids and highs?
Don't just through four subs in the back of your ride without knowing your shit, cause I promise you it will sound like shit.

Let me know if you want my help...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
814 Posts
ppi isnt around anymore, are they??? anyways, back in my ricer days (years ago) i came close to completing my dream system... i still have two ppi amps i bought from a buddy of mine that used to work there, a 21400 (thats right, 1400 watts) and a 2800... the dude that was going to install my three w6's was a fiberglass genius.. he was going to completely seal off my trunk well and raise the trunk floor about an inch... all the work would be done with fiberglass, and 4 steel rods to support the weight...

the best thing of all was that i would still have 90% of my trunk left... if i wanted, i could even have him install 4 subs instead of three (wouldnt have worked to good with w6's)

about the only problem we faced was where to mount the amps... they're huge...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,688 Posts
I think 4 is too much man....just get 2 12" and spend the rest on a really good amp....i used to have 2 Kicker Comp Vr in my car and it makes my throat itch when i crank it...everything vibrates....what you can do is buy this spray called "Rubber padding" from Pep Boys...they are rubbery fluid that flexes and keeps the sound in....spray that into parts that may rattle and it should help a little bit...the spray is black so if your car is not black you have to paint over it..
 

· Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Re: For the 4th gens with systems with subs

v00tecsi said:


How are you fitting 4 12's in a lude with out taking the rear seats out????

Either way the thing is going to vibrate, what you need to do is rip your trunk apart and spray some sound dampner on the metal.
Then dynomat the hell out of it.

Who is doing the work? Also what is the specs on the W0's? How much space do they require? What kind of setup are you going to use, like how is the box being designed? Also what are you planning on powering these with.

I have installed many system, and what I learned is, it's not how many subs you have, it's all about how you power them, and how you set everything up. Remember quality not quanity.

Four JL's have tons of potencial, but setup the wrong way, they will sound like shit. For the size of your car, you would be better off with two, and just feed them plenty of power. JL's love PPI amps.

One other thing, what do you have for your mids and highs?
Don't just through four subs in the back of your ride without knowing your shit, cause I promise you it will sound like shit.

Let me know if you want my help...
my buddy at tweeter is a genius and a magician, i have no doubt that he can pull it off. i am usin the w0's i believe they need 1-1.5 cubes to work. i am getting 8ohm subs to equate to a 2 ohm load on my amp. i am using a 75x2 fultron competition amp. it is an awesome amp. i would have gotten bigger, but, i had a 1000watt fosgate in there with an alpine amp too and it sucked my alternator down so bad the car would stall.:eek:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top