Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a bike, i want one ~600cc or smaller, and i want the exhaust to come out under the seat. The only bike that comes to mind is the CBR600RR, but i dont really want a race bike. what other bikes do you know of?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
do a search in the bike forum. theres a lot of heated debate between the 600RR and the GSXR600, and the R6. if you want the exhaust to come under the seat, the 600RR and the new R6, do, as well as other bikes but are a lot more expensive. if this if your first bike, get something smaller and cheaper. so when you lay it down, its not going to be that bad. everyone says "oh its just a 600" well, the RR will get up to 100+ is second gear. thats pretty fast for "only" a 600. i say start out smaller, learn to ride, then upgrade.

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
500r. Perfect beginner bike. You can get a nice used one for pretty cheap and sell it for pretty much the same price you bought it for a year later. Also, its a good idea if you are getting into riding to take the msf course. That way if you find out that riding really isn't for you (blasphamy I know! but it happens) you are only out the amount of the course, and it really is a good idea for all beginning riders to learn how to ride safely.

http://www.msf-usa.org/

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
somecrapyhonda said:
get a turbo'd hayabusa :D there max is around 230mph

That's like telling a kid who wants to buy a slingshot to go out and get a Bazooka!!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
the 05 kawi ninja 636 has an undertail exhaust....i bought one last year for my first bike....make sure you are prepared not only with ability which comes, but also mentally if u want to get into street bikes, please dont go killin yourself...anyway...goood luck oh yeah and take the MSF class :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well if you want a new bike you got some options though very limited. I think Benilli makes a 600 it could be a 750 can't remember its got an undertail. I don't think you can get them stateside now that i think about it. I have seen people custom make an undertail exhaust so you can get an older bike and fix a undertail on it. Either way undertail or not, a bike will be a blast and chicks will dig it. Take the MSF class and take it slow.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Right now, the only 600cc bikes available state-side with a stock undertail exhaust are the Honda 600RR & Kawasaki ZX636R / ZX6R. But just about any older (98' - 04') 600cc bike can be fitted with an aftermarket undertail exhaust, from companies like Hotbodies, Wolf, Ixil, & Blue-Flame.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Screw looks right now. Get a bike you won't worry about if you drop it...because you will likely drop it. (you might not)

It's better to learn on a smaller bike (look into a 500 or smaller). Get that one down and then look into your 600 with undertail exhaust. You'll be a better rider for it, really.

Don't be a poser/squid there's too many in the motorcycle world right now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The 600rr is a great bike i used to have one. But i would also look at the GSX-R 600. I only say this for the fact that they come with a steering damper from the factory. Most people will say that for a beginner you dont need that if you arent being stupid. Well I went into a tank slapper becasue I hit a pot hole while going down the highway at night. NOT FUN. Well whatever you choose be safe. By the way you can add a steering damper to any new sport bike aftermarket, which is what I did the very next week.

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
i dont really want something i have to modify, the bike is better than me stock, so i dont wanna do anything to it.

I went to a dealer by me, and played around on a 600RR (walked it around, sat on it, shifted, imagined myself ridin palomar montain, etc...) i really like it, it fits good, looks good. I love it. now for that j.o.b. thing :rolleyes

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
thats the best thing you can do. Go sit on the bikes and get comfortable on them. Then choose the one that feels the best to you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts