Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have both my cams advanced 2 degrees. wut do u guys have urs set at? wuts the best setting for running n/a and with nitrous? im trying to get he best performance out of my engine running n/a and with nitrous. thanx.

· Registered
1,388 Posts
have u tried going to a dyno center to have ur setup tuned? people might give u the setting for their "own" setup. if u try to copy their setting, it might not work for u (or make it even worse for u) since every engine or engine's setup, no matter how similar the mods are, will be different from everybody else's.

just my 2 cents.

what kind of cams are u using? how many shots of N2O? the more mods u list, the better.

· Banned
2,834 Posts
Adjusting the Cams is a personal thing to each car as already eluded to.

What may work well for one car may actually lose power in another and you will NEVER know the difference unless you go to a dyno and tune it correctly.

You can also damage your car without correct tuning.

Tuning with Nitrous and No Dyno = Foolish x 1,000,000 ...

Get the picture?

Good luck,

A.

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im running stock cams. other mods r i/h/e, cat, igniton, cam gears and 55 shot. ive had my cams advanced b4 i put the nitrous in. but i dont have access to a dyno around here and they do cost a bit. im just trying to find a cheap way to tune the cams.

· Registered
513 Posts
JHD_DA said:
im running stock cams. other mods r i/h/e, cat, igniton, cam gears and 55 shot. ive had my cams advanced b4 i put the nitrous in. but i dont have access to a dyno around here and they do cost a bit. im just trying to find a cheap way to tune the cams.
Well if you're looking for a "CHEAP WAY" you're asking for trouble.

Just my.02 cents also.

Do it RIGHT the FIRST time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.