Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, my friend has a 93 jdm lude and he has installed a set of forged wiseco pistons and rods, not sure what kinda rods, but he got rods, skunk stage one cams, computer......he didnt resleeve the block, hes using the stock sleeves, and hes running a 150 shot of nos, i have seen in run, its bad fuckin ass, he beat a supercharged mustang and a mitsu gsr on the street. i htought that in order to use forged pistons you had to use iron ductle sleeves? couldit be becase the sleeves in the jdm are made of something different than the usdm? or maybe becaseof the year?
dan

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
You don't have to have iron ductile sleeves to use upgraded pistons and rods. It is recommended that the blocks get sleeved and the deck closed if high applications of nitrous or turbo boost is going to be used on the engine regularly. The weakest links in your friend's lude engine was the rods, then pistons. The cylinder walls would most likely be the next week link, but by no means are those walls as weak as the ones found in the D-series engines. The cylinder walls on those puppies are pretty pathetic.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks,

i was misguided and thougth that if you were goin to use forged pistons you had to resleeve the h22a because of what theyre made of.
dan

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
check in the prelude forum with the thead called "cheapest way to make a lude fast" or something like that...it was a long arguement.. people say you can't run it without sleeving..but i think its possible, since some people have before.

·
Registered
936 Posts
yes, for h-series motors you have to resleeve it with forged pistons. The forged pistons are gonna eat up the cylinder walls. If you got a b or d series than you wouldn't have to replace the sleeves, but with the h series u do.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
flip1199 said:
yes, for h-series motors you have to resleeve it with forged pistons. The forged pistons are gonna eat up the cylinder walls. If you got a b or d series than you wouldn't have to replace the sleeves, but with the h series u do.
are you all sure that the '93 h22a arenet made of a diff material? cuz my friend does have a '93 with stock sleeves and he Does have forged wiseco pistons! ive bin in the car and if feels/sounds like its running perfectly!
dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts