Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ive played the forza demo and its not half bad. Its actually pretty hard, more so than gt3 by far. The sound is great imo.

Im going to buy it and gt4, I dont discriminate on racing games if they are good.

Forza will be fully online which is a huge + and there will be certain cars that will be rare in certain regions. Like Europe, USA and Aisa will get some cars in the game that other regions wont, but you will be able to buy/trade them with people from the areas that get them from the beginning.

Also you can MOD your car and "rice" it out, as some would say, but they actually have real body kits that are tastefull, and not all lame shit like in NFSU.

I think forza will have GT4 beat in the sound department. GT has never really had great sound.

The AI in forza is much harder than in GT. If you mess up or go off the track, you will be hard pressed to catch the lead cars if you even can at all. :tu

(waits to see what tha_con has to say about this.)

·
Registered
405 Posts
i agree. i played the demo at CC and was playing with the C6 and the sound of it just amazes me. i absolutly love the damage factor in the game and how realistic it is. even though it wil have only 40 or so cars i would say its the GT series of XBOX. the only thing i didn't like is that when i turned the ABS off i kept on locking up cause the control was to sensitive or the controllers were just messed up. other then that i liked the game enough to buy it.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Spectator said:
(waits to see what tha_con has to say about this.)
I resent that.

Online play, yes a big plus. Physics, from what I've seen, pretty decent, though the gravity isn't simulated as well as it should be (though still looks leaps and bounds better than GT3, and on par with GT4 IMO)

AI, no doubt, it is better than GT4. GT4 is crushed only by the system it is on. Lack of processing power=stupid AI.

Mods=not really concerned, IMO, it's pretty much a gimmick to sell more than anything, they'd be hard pressed to make this actually that effective in the game, it's a look and a popular thing, put it in the game, you open your audience, thats my opinion at least.

I'll have a build sometime later this week, and I will be putting up some hands on impressions, when I spend mroe time with it (even though GT4 will get more time, simply because the DFP is much better than any controller xbox has).

Sound - GT4 is good with sound, people often say it's not. But you think about it, GT4 has 700 cars, to capture sounds for ALL of those cars, you'd be EXTREMELY hard pressed to make it all fit. But from what I've played, which is a lot, most cars sound pretty close to their counter parts, some are off, some are not, and some are extremely better than others. Most of the cars that don't sound great are the no name cars many people don't hear about. The big league cars are nearly spot on.

Forza has great sound, but I have yet to place my opinion on both comparitively.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
about Driveatar.

It's actually fairly simple, and not very complex at all. Basically, drivatar is a series of races in which the race line is presented too you. You drive the track as many times as you like. While you follow the race line, you are graded as to how well you take the line, more or less it is graded by time spend in the turn, and the accuracy of your turn. If you go extremely slow, but stay on the line, you will get a rating of rougly 50%+. If you go too fast, but fly off the line, you will get something like 40%. So far I have only been able to achieve 88%.

Initially you are given points that coincide with your percentage, i..e. if you get 77% you will recieve 77 points. Later, you will recieve fewer points for the same kind of turn.

The drivatar learns how to take certain turns. Kinks, Hairpins, sweeps, constant radius turns, decreasing radius turns, etc., the more points you earn for an individual type of turn, the better your drivatar will be at taking those turns.

It doesn't end there though. He can also learn how to use different cars, i.e. FF, FR, MR, RR, General, etc. Initially you will only gain General points, however more experience with an FF car, or an FR car will yeild better driving skills with these specific cars.

As you learn, you will notice that the AI will begine to drive more like you. It's important that you constantly play and teach your Drivatar, as it is your competition, if you neglect it, you will soon find yourself leaving the comp behind, and the game will get boooooring.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
tha_con said:
about Driveatar.

It's actually fairly simple, and not very complex at all. Basically, drivatar is a series of races in which the race line is presented too you. You drive the track as many times as you like. While you follow the race line, you are graded as to how well you take the line, more or less it is graded by time spend in the turn, and the accuracy of your turn. If you go extremely slow, but stay on the line, you will get a rating of rougly 50%+. If you go too fast, but fly off the line, you will get something like 40%. So far I have only been able to achieve 88%.

Initially you are given points that coincide with your percentage, i..e. if you get 77% you will recieve 77 points. Later, you will recieve fewer points for the same kind of turn.

The drivatar learns how to take certain turns. Kinks, Hairpins, sweeps, constant radius turns, decreasing radius turns, etc., the more points you earn for an individual type of turn, the better your drivatar will be at taking those turns.

It doesn't end there though. He can also learn how to use different cars, i.e. FF, FR, MR, RR, General, etc. Initially you will only gain General points, however more experience with an FF car, or an FR car will yeild better driving skills with these specific cars.

As you learn, you will notice that the AI will begine to drive more like you. It's important that you constantly play and teach your Drivatar, as it is your competition, if you neglect it, you will soon find yourself leaving the comp behind, and the game will get boooooring.

Is this Forza youre talking about?

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
233 cars if I'm not mistaken.

As for release, no one knows, it's said that the game is 3.5 months from completed, which would mean it's about 4.5 months from release.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts