Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out riding for fun, which is different for me. I ride to school everyday and by the time i get home i'm sick of riding. Sad, i've gone through two sets of rears that look pretty much brand new on the sides because of my highway commute. Anyway, today i went out for fun and roamed around some of the backroads around my city. Just as one of my roads was turning to gravel there was this little off shoot to the left. I needed to go back left anyway so i decided to give it a shot. Turns out its a brand new housing development, so i ride around checking out the sights when i realize there are no houses at all, instead this amazing stretch of perfectly smooth pavement that has all kinds of cambered turns, hills, and switchbacks that ends up right back where i started. I must have stayed on that road for an hour, never a car in sight, did prolly 30 "laps". Amazing how one day can change your perspective on riding, i was considering getting rid of the CBR because it wasnt fun anymore. Now my tires are scrubbed in and i cant wait til school is out tomorrow so i can go ride my road again. Cleared my weekend as well to replace my fork seals and my steering stem bearings so i can put a little more leverage into my throttle without worries. And before anyone says anything, i never railed around a blind corner and rode well within my limits. Believe me, i'm well aware there could be a car around every corner. I definately push harder at the track, but it was really nice today to ride briskly out by myself for fun. Anyway, had a great time riding today and wanted to let all my CBR comrads know!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good to hear man. THat sucks that your ride is getting boring to and from school . I am on a mission to find a rode around my town like that also. Still no luck, but i will not give up.

Ride safe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.