Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wasted my Z6 - she didn't give me any warning - threw a rod. (wasn't even beating it - HONEST! :giggle )Pulled the head and mounted it on a LOW mileage Y7 I picked up(31k on a wadded car). Got her all together and she ran GREAT except VTEC wouldn't hit :mad . Checked everything - oil pressure, wiring, complete tune up. In the end I pulled the vtec package off of the side of the head and the catch screen was packed with bronzeish filings - looked like rod bearings. :confused I did pressure wash the head out and let it dry so there wasn't anything left on the head when I installed it. However I didn't pull the head apart to check for buildup inside the oil passages. This was obviously picked up by the oil pump. I dissassembled the head and cleaned everything out.
My question is - is the rods/mains bearings the only place in a honda engine that used bearings that have the bronze color to them?? I just want to make sure that the block/head isn't shedding anything out on me. It's not making any strange noises or anything, just getting ready to turbo it and don't want to waste my time on this block if the block is bunked :fear . There wasn't anything in the oil I drained out of the motor(Y7) so I think that everything in the head was from the Z6.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.