Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to the boards. I was considering getting a 4 door civic. a 92-95 EG model. I was just curious what exhaust systems you guys with four doors are using and how you like them. Also, if you have any pictures, I'd be greatful, thanks.

· Registered
1,967 Posts
I am using the HKS Hyper cat-back system on my coupe, I like it, it isn't too loud like the Greddy (which makes your car sound like a mustang/camaro/american peice of shit) and it doesn't rattle like "custom" exhaust systems...aka universal mufflers welded on midas piping.

· Registered
2,850 Posts
unfortunately there really aren't a lot of big brand-name cat-back exhausts for the EG sedans. you can choose from HKS Hiper, Thermal R&D, and i think maybe DC Sports also, but i think that's about it. the rest are the so-called "cheap" brands, OBX, Focuz, and such.

personally i'd recommend just getting a good muffler, and custom piping.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I could get that clip I'd appreciate it. If you want my email address or whatever let me know. After posting this question I started searching. I didn't find much at all to work with. I was going to go with maybe an Apexi Dunk muffler and custom piping. Any opinions on how that would sound?

· Registered
768 Posts
I went to www.motionmania.net and bought a Ractive midsection and a Ractive universal muffler... then went to a muffler shop and had them install it... basically its the same as a full catback... shop had to make me one pipe bend on a madrel bending machine to connect the midsection to the muffler... works fine for me

· Registered
702 Posts
Good question

I personally have a Thermal with a 3'' straight through design. It is very low and deep. No complaints about it but if I could do it again, I'd try out a 5Zigen border. I like that sleeper look.

· Registered
1,967 Posts
Yeah if you get a swap you can use the cat-back exhaust you got on your car now. The Midas piping w/universal muffler would be a great way to go if it's done right, most of the time they rattle and it sounds really shitty that is why I went with a name brand cat-back.

· Registered
167 Posts
hey whats up i just ordered a thermal classic for my 98 lx, the guy i talked to on the phne dont know shit so could anybody tell me whats the dia of the piping?

· Registered
22 Posts
I'm running a Thermal R&D with a Catco high-flow cat on my '95 Civic LX. Love the deep throaty sound. Have had it on there since '99 and haven't had any problems with it at all. Highly recommend the Thermal.

· Registered
1 Posts
...My first post.!

Hi there!It's my first post in this forum.About the exhausts.I live in Greece and I have a Civic Si 93' hatchback(engine D16Z6 SOHC VTEC 125ps stock,chassis EG5).I have the italian SUPERSPRINT exhaust system(4-2-1 header,center pipe with resonator and the muffler with 100mm tip) the muffler and resonator are straight-through design and the muffler is stainless steel.The hole system has a +9ps gain at the wheels.Supersprint is one of the most respected companies in Europe.Great sound in the legal limits.!
Try it.!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.