Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a B20 with an LS head, LS trans, and a turbo fit in a '96 Civic HB? Also, what mods will have to be done to make the pieces come together? By the way, the LS is DOHC-non Vtec, right?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
IDriveJosephine said:
Will a B20 with an LS head, LS trans, and a turbo fit in a '96 Civic HB? Also, what mods will have to be done to make the pieces come together? By the way, the LS is DOHC-non Vtec, right?

i believe it is SOHC nonvtec

·
Registered
150 Posts
it will fit, i think you need a couple motor mounts out of an si, not sure which ones though, oh and an ecu

but why the ls head? why not just stick with the b20 head if your gonna go nonvtec. seems like extra work for nothing

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
IDriveJosephine said:
b20z and b18b heads are exactly the same. why would you want to put on a b18b head? anyway, look in the hybrid forum or something to find out how to make it fit.

·
Registered
506 Posts
yes it will fit, w/ motor mounts, www.hasport.com should have them, the LS IS DOHC NON-vtec, and no the heads are actually different, if I were you though I would just find good dohc non-vtec B series cams and toss those in w/ some cam gears and better valvetrain componants, or if you plan to go turbo just drop in a set of LS cams

BTW please check the B20 sticky at the top of the forum, there are a couple places that I've linked to where I know your questions are answered

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Head problems

As far as I know, the B20 won't fit in my car without a different head. hence the LS. I could be wrong though

·
Registered
291 Posts
Re: Head problems

IDriveJosephine said:
As far as I know, the B20 won't fit in my car without a different head. hence the LS. I could be wrong though
why wouldnt it be able to fit... and why would you wanna put a ls head on the b20.... doesnt make mush sense.

·
Registered
440 Posts
i think your reffering to the intake manifold?...isn't the b20 intake manifold taller

·
Registered
445 Posts
the intake manifold are different you won't beable to close your hood wit a b20z intake manifold save your self some trouble by swapping the whole head.....just swap the intake manifold from the b18b to the b20z.. its as easy as that.

you will be fine afterwards

·
Registered
162 Posts
i think you should drop the ls and b20 heads and just slap on a vtech head just to take away the headace...just mah opinion

·
Registered
445 Posts
theres more headaches when it comes to the issure relating to vtec head.................vtec head have lots of problems in the long run oil leaks and so on.............vtec means high compression....the guy is goin to turbo application ls/b20 head are fine low compression heads. ideal'd for turbo. labor for a vtec head and oil tapping is a bundle of cash. trust me i know

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
the b20z and b18b have the exact same intake manifolds. the b20b has the taller one, you can save yourself some trouble and just get the b18b or b20z intake manifold instead of swaping the whole head. by the way b20b=97-98 b20z=99-01.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
b20 on a civic the only thing wrong is the intake manifold ... you need a LS intake manifold or you can drive with no hood :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
hawjboiz said:
i think you should drop the ls and b20 heads and just slap on a vtech head just to take away the headace...just mah opinion
because I know someone is gonna flame you for it, I'm just gonna say it first, its spelled VTEC, not VTECH thats a brand that makes phones and kids educational computers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Typos are a bitch aren't they? Yeah, I just want something unusual, and a B20LS turbo seems the way for me personally to go. Eh, if I pop the motor, I can always buy a mustang or something :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
yeah sorry if it was a typo but people will seriously fill up a page and a half of crap if someone spells vtec wrong, anyways the LS might not really be worth it, if you're gonna turbo anyways, I would just save the money, maybe invest in a port and polish, an JDM ITR intake manifold cuz that b20 one won't fit and start saving for some turbo cam grinds which will beat the pants off LS cams

·
Registered
623 Posts
IDriveJosephine said:
Typos are a bitch aren't they? Yeah, I just want something unusual, and a B20LS turbo seems the way for me personally to go. Eh, if I pop the motor, I can always buy a mustang or something :D
theres nothing unusual about that...like someone said earlier, an LS and b20 head are the same except for the intake manifold.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts