Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
freaking my car runs fine unless its cold. until it totally warms up it is soooooooo loud and rough its rediculious that something is obviously wrong. it only does it when i switch into gear and im idling like at a stop light or something... it makes this like low low howl and is very very rough.... i got the muffler and b pipe replaced not even 10 months ago, so im sure its not that. what else could it be? i jsut got a tune up as well... help:confused:

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok ill do that next time i start it and its cold. i never really bothered before b/c its always to cold to stand there in the winter but its not that cold out yet so ill test it next time i do a cold start. oh wait... ill have to have someone else check or sit in my car with their foot on the brake bc it only does it when its switched out of park or neutral...

· Registered
200 Posts
Check the rear engine mount and the engine mount control system. I had a problem like yours only opposite... it was rough at neutral and park.

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
k i checked withthe car in gear but i didnt see anything under the hood that gave me any hints... also id like to check the engine mounts but does anyone mind explaing to me where they even are or how to check them... yes i have a repair manual but i got this haynes one instead of healms and i personally think it sucks i can never find nething i need in it. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.