Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP PLEASE!

about a two or three years ago i bought a gateway and since then ive had sooo many problems, currently this is already my second moniter, about 3rd or 4th mouse, 2nd hard drive, 2nd cdrom drive, and today im going to call because i need a new hard drive, mine for some reason only wants to see 1.99gbs. also ive had to take my computer to a gateway center about 4-5 times and had it there for about 2-3 weeks leaving me without a compuer....anyways is there anyway i can complain and get a new computer from gateway free of charge?? also anyone else have any problems with gateways? pesonally i think there not bad but mines a POS. anyhelp would be great, thanks.

· Registered
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also...

for some reason AOL wont let me surf sho or any websites in a security area ( when theres a little lock on the bottem of the site on ur browser ) so now i have to use internet explorer to surf the web...what could be causing this? ive called AOL they said reinstall aol if that doesnt work reinstall everying...ive reinstalled AOL and my whole computer twice and same shit...what could be wrong? its not parental settings because its on General (all access)..:confused: :confused:

· Registered
813 Posts
fry's electronics, if its available in your area, sweet deals on stuff there.

· Registered
4,607 Posts
ive only owned a computer for about the last 4 years. my first 2 during this time were gateways. they both ran flawlessly until last year just b4 school started there was a tropical storm over the siland and a big enough power surge came through the phone line that it fryed my power strip and continued on to where it reached my pc and damaged my hardrive. not gateways fault. the harddrive actually took the shock better than i expected and i was able to recover about 60% of my precious data:D .

i have a fully cusotmized dell:rolleyes: right now and for its time period the gateways performed similarly or better than this dell.
oh well... this is not to say the dell is a pos. a few years back they were but not anymore. if i were to go back to april i would buy myself another gateway and do the same things to it rather than this dell...but at the time dell had the best options for what i wanted to do.

.....well...long post. but those are my thoughts.:)

· Registered
4,607 Posts
btw ,....u should be able to get a new one if u show them reciepts or anything to show them the trouble u have been through...probably if u offer to upgrade the computer as well they will bve happier that u will spend money with them. give it a try.

if not u can by my dell for 1500$ :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.