Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
where I live they sell these fresheners made by the Yankee Candle company. They smell really good and are about 2 bucks anywhere. You can find them at gift shops/candle stores. They can be hard to find, but smell great. Try Midsummer's Night. That's one of the best ones I've found.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
probably getting used to the smell, I just give my car a spray of Febreeze once in a while, don't like cluttering my car with air fresheners.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
hawaiiboi said:
whats the best long lasting air fresheners and that smell good??
keystone

they make 4 different smells, mines lasted me 4 yrs so far, when it fades u scrap it on the pavement or sand it. There acutaly only one place i know to buy it in orlando but im sure most latian market places will have it.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
OldSchoolFresh said:
probably getting used to the smell, I just give my car a spray of Febreeze once in a while, don't like cluttering my car with air fresheners.
I put mine under the seat so it's not visible.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I also have the squash. It smells damn good, but dont last worth a damn. At one point I had 3 in my car and it still faded pretty fast, id say 3 weeks at most. Its one of the best smells I have smelled, but I wish it lasted longer.

Matt

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
I sometimes put water back onto the gel, that sometimes helps. I concur on how long they last. Like about a month. First week its amazing, then it drops off pretty sharply.

I know they also have a squash spray or something on ebay. I gotta try that....see if it smells the same.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I bought a bottle of this freshener that smells like new car, god I love that scent. but it actually lasts pretty good, a few good sprays and im good for a week. and the bottle was like 99 cent for a 20 ounce of it

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Mike, dude if you get the spray, please let me know how it compares to the regular squash, id like to get it if its pretty much the same. If I get it before you get back to me, ill let you know how it is. But that wont be for about a month.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Im this close....but they all seem to end up costing around 10 dollars. Im looking for someone who will sell it cheaper.

I might try the ball or spray. Not sure....im guessing I would want the spray cause its a spray. But the ball might last longer.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
which form of squash do most people have? It seems like there are many different forms of it when i looked at that ebay link. I am thinking of getting the beads but which one do people use?

also where can these be bought? I would rather buy them in a store if possible, since using ebay to buy air fresheners seems rediculous.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Whats up with the balls? What do you do with them, pour them all over your floor, and when you step on them, they break open and smell? :D :D :D .

Thanks Mike, let me know when you get it buddy,
Matt

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
You can get them at autobacs I believe. I havent found anything else like it allthough at discount they did have a new display of freshners but nothing looked like squash.

As for the balls I believe they just smell and probably allow the fragrance to evaporate into the air.

I think in the auctions they said you can dump some in your ash-tray and other things like that. Then dump out and pour in some new.

The ones we all most likely have is the CS-X3 Air Spencer. There are quite a few variations. Mine lasted a month. I believe it started with an E.

They all say CS-X3 or whatever dont really know what that means. But a lot of companies make these. So youll get slight variations. The next and newer type is those giga ones. Which are smaller and go on your air vents, they cost less but I do not know how long they last.

I would get the spray but to tell you the truth shopresponse, the only people who seem to sell the spray. I would never buy anything from them. They are the biggest piece of shits on ebay. Next to cosmodynamic.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
mike_sho said:
They are the biggest piece of shits on ebay. Next to cosmodynamic.
wow you really hate cosmodynamic...you have told me before not to buy anything from them...but I bought my front lip from them anyway without any problems. but you must have had something really fucked up happen to you if you think so poorly of them.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
:lol2

Matt

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
WillyG said:
wow you really hate cosmodynamic...you have told me before not to buy anything from them...but I bought my front lip from them anyway without any problems. but you must have had something really fucked up happen to you if you think so poorly of them.
I thought you went with x3 or whatever. They were also cheaper werent they?

Yeah im sure you can get away from the sometimes. But they sent me the complete wrong part. It was a universal honda part and they sent me something for a toyota....and then wouldnt allow me to return it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts