Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my gf recently broke up. We were happy and we were really close. The reason she broke up with me is because she didnt feel anything special... the only thing that kept us together was companionship (she says).
we liked to hold eachother and we agreed to be friends... but it feels weird seeing her without being able to hold her... so i was thinkin about asking her if we could remain friends, and keep the companionship. so she would be single and i would be single. Do you think it would seem wrong? Any imput would be well valued.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Well how long were you together? How serious was the relationship. I'd need that info in order to come up with a decent answer.

EDIT: Sounds like you want something that she doesn't want. It's cool that you guys are staying friends. Just keep things like that and go ahead and get you another gf if you want things to be more physical. Otherwise it'll just get to complicated if she doesn't have the same feelings.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input we were together for half a year.. i know it sounds trivial to people that go out for years.

·
Registered
635 Posts
didn't you do anything special while you were with her? like take her to places? surprise her with gift..stuff like that...yeah it's a pain in the ass but it's a small price to pay when you have a gf :)

·
Registered
17,562 Posts
you can't say what she'll do from her end
you could stay friends
but she could move on to someone
and that would likley hurt you
so you almost shoudn't be freinds at all i think
honeslty
its nice to go out with someone and you do get used to the having someone to hold type of stuff but you can get that with anyone.. you should look into mving on.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5zigenDC5 said:
didn't you do anything special while you were with her? like take her to places? surprise her with gift..stuff like that...yeah it's a pain in the ass but it's a small price to pay when you have a gf :)

yeah i did some stuff to surprize her, i made her a lil candle :) ( inside thing) i surprized her when she came home ( i was there waiting for her and we watched a movie) some other stuff.

HondaFreak4Eva said:
you can't say what she'll do from her end
you could stay friends
but she could move on to someone
and that would likley hurt you
so you almost shoudn't be freinds at all i think
honeslty
its nice to go out with someone and you do get used to the having someone to hold type of stuff but you can get that with anyone.. you should look into mving on.
thanks, yeah it is hard talking to her now... i dunno why but it is awkward on both sides

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
try to stay friends if you want but that could be kinda hard to do so um... friends w/ benefits probably won't work either especially if one of you moves on

·
Registered
40 Posts
NoRice4u2Day said:
Me and my gf recently broke up. We were happy and we were really close. The reason she broke up with me is because she didnt feel anything special... the only thing that kept us together was companionship (she says).
we liked to hold eachother and we agreed to be friends... but it feels weird seeing her without being able to hold her... so i was thinkin about asking her if we could remain friends, and keep the companionship. so she would be single and i would be single. Do you think it would seem wrong? Any imput would be well valued.
thats probably the hardest thing to do when you break up with the gf. it just doesnt seem right afterwards because of all the commotion floating in the air. my advise is move on because it WILL hurt you when you see her with someone else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts