Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone can confirm this, I'm sure Rumors or 9000 can help me out here if they know...but I've heard that the VW is going from a V6 to W12 in the future and its gonna have like 6 cams or something like that? Heard that from a car geek that I know but I really didn't ask much about it:confused:

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
that's all i know about it

from edmunds.com

"Most important to either car is the mid-mounted W12 engine. "W" refers to Volkswagen's new family of engines. How do you make a W12? Take two narrow-angle four-valve V6 engines and configure them at an angle of 72 degrees apart from one another with a shared crankshaft. This layout could be described as a "V-V" arrangement, or a "W." .The same engine layout is used in the European-market Audi A8 W12, with four fewer cylinders in the 2002 Passat W8 and with 16 cylinders in the upcoming Bugatti EB Veyron."

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just htink its kinda funny that VW goes from a V type engine to a W engine :):) Get it? VW :p

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:p :p :p :p :p

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm pretty sure VW was bringing the Phaeton over here. You're right about all those bird eye views, except the W16 is two v8's joined, not w8's. I think VW's got balls for breaking the mold with all these new engines. The reason they use these configurations is because it allows them to fit more cylinders into a shorter engine bay. A v8 couldn't fit in a passat's short engine bay, but the w8 can.

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man VW's are gonna start givin ricers a run for their money

1 - 9 of 9 Posts