Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting some tie bars for my lower front and rear. However, there are more rear lower tie bars available than fronts. Are the fronts necessary? Anyone using both front and rear tie bars on their integras? If so, are there any brands that are better than others?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Comptech swaybar/tiebar combo

Comptech's setup is what I'm running and it made a noticeable difference. I have Tanabe Sustec Pro SS coilovers and before the bars I still had some body roll, now it's practically eliminated. The only thing I have up front is a comptech upper strut bar.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
i have the benen front and rear lower tie bars..

they didn't make a HUGE diff. like when i put on the Beaks Prod. sway kit..

as for brands, just look for ones without pivot points..like one piece..

benen makes them..

www.benen.com

tell them Alex from Hawaii sent ya..they should be able to hook u up

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
hee hee yeah alex i gotta buy that stuff from ya sometime... dont let it get dusty :)

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Re: Comptech swaybar/tiebar combo

squeezingsr said:
Comptech's setup is what I'm running and it made a noticeable difference. I have Tanabe Sustec Pro SS coilovers and before the bars I still had some body roll, now it's practically eliminated. The only thing I have up front is a comptech upper strut bar.
Tie bars don't affect body roll. The swaybar portion of the Comptech setup does.

It's harder to find front lowers than rear because there's a bigger market for front upper, rear upper, and rear lower. Why? Because you can see them, and ricers like to show off. Therefore a bigger market for them, and a smaller market for the front lower which is hard to show off. Sucks for the people who actually care about performance.

Last time I checked, optauto . com had a front lower.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
alex- haha yeah they're sitting here =P

and white98LS- yups..but if you look hard enuff..you can see the Spoon sports DC2 bar on the bottom of the car when it is driving behind ya...(friend has one)

but i totally agree with ya 100%...

:p

·
Registered
150 Posts
Re: Re: Comptech swaybar/tiebar combo

White98LS said:
Tie bars don't affect body roll. The swaybar portion of the Comptech setup does.

It's harder to find front lowers than rear because there's a bigger market for front upper, rear upper, and rear lower. Why? Because you can see them, and ricers like to show off. Therefore a bigger market for them, and a smaller market for the front lower which is hard to show off. Sucks for the people who actually care about performance.

Last time I checked, optauto . com had a front lower.
Tie bars do have an effect on body roll. The comptech setup has the tie bar reinforcing the swar bar to make it even stiffer and rigid. Tie bars by themselves are not worthless, they make the car more rigid. I a unibody car like ours we can use all we can get.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Good lord, please actually read my post instead of glancing at it and then criticizing it.

A direct quote from my post: "Tie bars don't affect body roll. The swaybar portion of the Comptech setup does."

And I NEVER SAID that they are "worthless", just that they do not affect BODY ROLL (which they absolutely do not, you are wrong). They are very useful for stiffenning the structure - that's why I have a front strut bar and a rear brace.

Please read my posts carefully before bashing on them. Everything you criticized me of is not at all what I said in the post. :bh:

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
On the actual body leaning to the outside in a corner? No. :confused:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Dude all I'm saying is that even a little thing like a tie bar can improve handling. In the comptech setup the sway bar is supported by the tie bar, increasing stiffness. Simple add on bars will not to a lot but it will help, that's why Type R's come with them from the factory. Increased rigidity plays a factor in handling, and the leaning in and out of a corner. You cannot refute that, sorry.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
What you were saying was that tie bars affect body roll, which is just wrong. Yes, I agree 100% that they improve handling, I never said they don't so obviously I'm not going to "refute that". However I will refute that "increased rigidity plays a factor in... leaning in and out of a corner." Tie bars do not change body roll at all, and you completely misquoted me so yes I'm going to be a little ticked off.

Tie bars do indeed stiffen the structure. NO this does NOT affect BODY ROLL or lean or whatever the hell you want to call it because the same spring and swaybar rates still support the same amount of force in the corner. YES they DO affect HANDLING because they do stiffen the body structure, making the car respond more precisely and accurately to the driver's inputs.

I can't believe I'm even having this argument... why do I waste my time here again?

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
and with that being said..

i'd get the benen front and rear lower tie bars..

i have yet to find a nicer bar on the market..

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Yeah no pivots/bolts/joints, just a solid, straight, beefy, no-nonsense bar.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts