Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... so i have a bit of a problem... the front clips on my bumper that actually hold up the bumper is broken... i can post pics real soon... but how would anyone go about fixing this problem? without the use of zipties and buying a whole new front bumper ?

btw 5th gen as stated on sig ?

· Registered
7,299 Posts
ok... so i have a bit of a problem... the front clips on my bumper that actually hold up the bumper is broken... i can post pics real soon... but how would anyone go about fixing this problem? without the use of zipties and buying a whole new front bumper ?

btw 5th gen as stated on sig ?
go to honda and buy the clips

· Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
didnt have time to take a picture of it but here is a similar case to what happened...

note to all: this is what happens when you have a 3.0+ inch drop on your car

need help fixing loose front bumper - Club RSX Message Board

so its kind of like that... where the nutt goes into the hole of the fender and stuff.. is completely broken off, but i really do not want to buy a new fender just for that.. i think its fixable... just dont know where to start with it... any suggestions ?

i heard that i can melt plastic onto it and reconnect the broken clips ? anybody heard of this method and see if it works flawless ?

ohh and btw... not going to do zipties... dont want to be drilling holes and shit... that rusts the metal and all, so if anyone has a better suggestion please come forward ?

· Registered
7,299 Posts
didnt have time to take a picture of it but here is a similar case to what happened...

note to all: this is what happens when you have a 3.0+ inch drop on your car

need help fixing loose front bumper - Club RSX Message Board

so its kind of like that... where the nutt goes into the hole of the fender and stuff.. is completely broken off, but i really do not want to buy a new fender just for that.. i think its fixable... just dont know where to start with it... any suggestions ?

i heard that i can melt plastic onto it and reconnect the broken clips ? anybody heard of this method and see if it works flawless ?

ohh and btw... not going to do zipties... dont want to be drilling holes and shit... that rusts the metal and all, so if anyone has a better suggestion please come forward ?
heres your choises:

plastic weld-get a soldering iron and see if you can melt the old peice broken off back in.

zip ties- if you can drill a hole in the bumper somewhere on the end and use the exsisting hole- just put a ziptie threw there. the bumper is plastic..wont rust.

sheet rock screws are your friend also :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.