Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BAR-Honda CEO Nick Fry has assured Jenson Button he has “a job for life” at his current team if he wants it.

“Clearly, our aim is to keep Jenson as long as we possibly can, and if he can be with us for the rest of his career that would please us immensely,” Fry told The People newspaper.

Button was the subject of a tug of war last season between BAR and Williams and is still considered likely to seek a return to his former employer for 2006 – especially if BAR’s form doesn’t improve.

The Brackley squad was the revelation of 2004, finishing second only to Ferrari in the constructors’ championship, but has so far failed to score a single point this season.

However, Button’s record-shattering pace at last week’s Barcelona test has sparked renewed optimism inside the team that it may be able to turn around its fortunes once the European season gets underway at Imola.

Fry knows that he needs to give Button a competitive car if he is to have any chance of signing him to a long-term contract extension.

“Obviously, racing drivers want to be in the best car and it is our job to give him that and we are clearly focused on doing that,” Fry continued.

“I have told Jenson to be patient and promised him that things will pick up – and quickly.

“We have struggled with some technical issues but it looks like we have got to the bottom of them.

“I am extremely confident that we will achieve our aim of winning a race or more this year.

“Anything we can identify that will help the team and Jenson meet his needs is done.”

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Honestly now... What the heck has JB ever won!? :confused :rolleyes

I think he's an above average driver, but just 'cause the team has had a slow start to the season and he's got the escape clause in his contract, it's not time for BAR to start glossing the guy too much. :rolleyes

Just my $.02 on the situation.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's a big name british driver. I'm sure that B.A.R. wants a big name british driver in thier car. I personally like Ant a little better myself.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
silveracc said:
He's a big name british driver. I'm sure that B.A.R. wants a big name british driver in thier car. I personally like Ant a little better myself.
Yeah, I accept the fact that sponsership plays a great role in placing drivers in F1 seats. (Ex: "Sato" *e-cough, e-cough*)

Still, JB talks a lot of crud about the organization that he's depending on to provide him with a competitive racecar. At times, as a BAR fan, it's discouraging to hear him continually whine about the the self-evident. It would be nice if he could mix in a little bit of optimism evey now and then. :eek:

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I agree whole heartedely. That's why I like Ant better. Plus I think he has just as much pace as Jense. I don't think Button still really wants to be at the team. But hey I'll root for him as long as he is steering a Honda!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.