Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my 1991 Honda Civic Si as I need a larger car. This car is in great shape and needs nothing done to it. If you or someone you know would be interested please contact me at [email protected]

Here are the details:

- Completely stock!
- No Rust!
- 3 door hatchback
- 1.6L 4 cylinder engine
- Red Exterior / Black Interior
- 5 speed
- Air Conditioning
- Power Moonroof
- CD Player
- 130,500 miles (approx)

I am asking $3,800 firm for the car.

The car has been very reliable and runs great. It has been very well maintained and had oil changes every 3,000 miles. I am in Columbus, OH.

Pictures:

· Registered
25 Posts
I would be interested in the car if your price was quite a bit more reasonable...91' Si's in good shape like yours go for $1,500-$2,000 all day long so i would lower that price if i were you...you'll get no reply's with that price! I'm not flaming...just trying to help =)

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comments

I know what Honda's go for and in the condition that this one is in $1,000 - $2,000 would not find one like it.

Usually 91 Honda Civic Si's in that price range have:

1. Lots of rust over the wheel wells - This car has NO Rust
2. Ripped or damaged interior - This cars interior is perfect
3. Motor that burns or leaks oil - This car leaks no oil nor does it burn any oil.
4. Paint is dull, oxidized, etc. - As the pictures show the paint on this car has good depth and shine to it.
5. Has had the crap run out of it. - This car has been adult owned and was a daily driver. I run my VW for fun :)

I can be somewhat flexible on the price and would most likely jump on $3500.00

Book value is:

High Retail $4100
Average Retail $3500
Low Retail $2600

If you would like to see the book value you can read more about it here: NADA Book Value for 1991 Civic Si

Thanks,
Kevin

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
spoolin...check the blue book my friend...blue book one year ago on a 90-91 si hatch with 113,000 was 6400....granted he probally wont get that much...but its well worth it from the way it sounds.... heres the website for kelley blue book
www.kbb.com

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
I just checked kelley blue book and what hes asking is cheaper than blue book...
Blue book value is $4020

· Registered
25 Posts
Yeah thats blue book price but thats not what there going for..i've been looking for a while now...it seems like they always sell it the day before i call :mad: but this one is definately on the better quality car end i'll give you that...but there not selling for nearly $4,000...there's some 5th gens going for that cheap in just as good shape with less miles...o'well i don't to debate over this anymore...hahaha...ok well good luck with the sale ;)

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Comments

Thanks for the comments.

I think some people do not understand a car that has always been in stock form, and is in great shape goes for more.

I am proud of the cars that I own and always try to keep my cars in the shape I bought them in even when I sell them with over 100K miles. I feel that whatever I own it should be taken care of. (Does not matter if it is a $200 car or a $40K car)

You might be right about newer models that can be had cheaper I do not know but I do know that a car that has been modified NEVER sells for book value because it usually means it has been abused.

I have a modded VW GTi VR6 that I would not expect to get book value for because of the coilovers, chip, exhaust, etc.

I appreciate the nice comments about the condition of the car and do have more pictures. I also appreciate all of the people that have e-mailed me to ask questions. I really hope that the person that does buy my car will take care of it the way that I have as I hate selling a car and seeing it later trashed, wrecked, etc.

Have a great day,
Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.