Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apexi cat-back exhaust system and high flow cat. goes for $295 plus shipping for the cat-back. $25 plus shipping for the BOMZ high flow racing cat (cheaper shipping if shipped together). both are 6 months old (i installed them easter break) and where only used during my summer break (for 3 months). all gaskets, bolts, and new rubber hangers included.

pics, sorry its kinda dirty:

peace.

·
Registered
694 Posts
does this work for a 5th gen accord as well?

and how is the sound. not all ricey is it? my exhuast now is deep and mellow until my vtec comes into play with the intake it ripples just a little but nothing crazy like a wet fart or pissed off bumble bee sound :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it will with a little modification. it is quiet, not much louder than stock but has a deeper tone. i noticed excellant hp gains when i installed it the beginning of the summer. i recently totaled my car though, so now im parting it out.

·
Registered
328 Posts
allaboutaccordz said:
apexi cat-back exhaust system and high flow cat. goes for $295 plus shipping for the cat-back. $25 plus shipping for the BOMZ high flow racing cat (cheaper shipping if shipped together). both are 6 months old (i installed them easter break) and where only used during my summer break (for 3 months). all gaskets, bolts, and new rubber hangers included.

pics, sorry its kinda dirty:

peace.
Hey,
Would you just sell the muffler itself?
pls let me know
[email protected]

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm interested in the high flow cat. What were the claimed gains of it by itself? What would you charge for shipping to Dallas,TX? Are the inlet/outlet sizes the same for the cat or are they larger?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
willrasmussen said:
I'm interested in the high flow cat. What were the claimed gains of it by itself? What would you charge for shipping to Dallas,TX? Are the inlet/outlet sizes the same for the cat or are they larger?
the inlet / outlet sizes are the same as stock (otherwise it wouldn't flow through correctly). the flow design however is straight through (no restriction). the gains were damn good in my opinion. claimed gains are 7-11 hp, but i doubt it higher than 7hp. you really feel the difference in the higher rpm. it is quite heavy, so shipping costs $21 to TX.
get back to me.

thanks,
aaron

·
Registered
396 Posts
I don't know if you got my last email but I accidentally lost your email address. I would really like to buy the cat from you so let me know if it is still for sale. Thanks.

·
Registered
694 Posts
one thing i just relized and it wasnt to obvious to me before. is that the 4th gen has a 3 bolt and 3 bolt set up on each side. while a 5th gen has a 3 bolt and a 2 bolt. so im assuming this is the difference. i orderd one from ebay already. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts