Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Where are you located? Is it a hydro or cable tranny? Do you have any pics? BTW... are you on JDMC? And isn't the JDM B16 LSD tranny the Y1 tranny? The Y21 didn't have LSD as an option. So hit me with the scoop on the tranny. Your car looks familiar. Maybe I've just seen it here on SH so much.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I posted this ive run into confusion on what tranny it fits. Actually I think its for GSR and R hydro trannys, we tried it in a b16 and it wont fit. It hit some baffles in the case.

I can get pics if your still interested. Its in great cond.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hmmm That seems funny. I think it fits a B16 just fine, but the problem is there's something about a B16 that cause a lot a fuss when you go to put the tranny in. My B16 tranny was a pain in the butt to reinstall when I put my clutch and flywheel in. It was like there was something in the way or it didn't quite fit on right...but it was an OEM fitment so it didn't make sense to us. One of my buddies said that he had heard the B16 trannies have this problem of not sliding onto the pegs very easily, but the GSR and ITR trannies slide onto their blocks just fine.

What problems have you run into? So you tried mounting the tranny up to someones ITR and GSR engines? Do you have any pics of the LSD in place in the tranny and pics of the tranny code or something? Where are you located? How do you know its a Y21? Oh...one more question.... in 5th gear on the freeway at 70mph what is the rpm?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem was actually trying to put the Diff in. When you line it up and start to put it un the ring gear (i belive) hits some castings inside the case. Ive heard you can just file them down and it will work, but I didnt want to do that.

Also, after researching it the info ive gathered is that b16lsd's wont fit in GSR and ITR trannies and vice a versa.

b16lsd fit in b16 and LS only.

I have yet to find a bseries Tranny expert, to confirm this 100%.

I found another LSD from a CTR and it looks different than this one. The CTR one has 10holes in the ring gear, this one has 14:confused:. And the actual diff is more square on the CTR as this one is more rounded.:confused:

Ideas?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hmmm that's odd. So you said you mated that B16 LSD tranny to a GSR and ITR block and it fit just fine?

I'll pass this info along to my buddy who seems to know a grip about Hondas from top to bottom... that's what happens when you're a Honda tech. Yeah, I am still interested in seeing pics.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool ill send them as soon as i get em.

I think your a lil confizzled :D

The block to tranny is not the problem, that will line up fine.

Its the Diff going into the tranny thats the prob.

B16 lsd diff wont fit into GSR ITR tranny. ITR GSR Diff wont fit into b16 tranny.

I cant get the diff into the trans with out some modification to the case.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
What my friend is looking to do is put that B16 LSD tranny in his GSR. I know he's not looking to pull the LSD or pull the diff out. He was just going to do a full tranny swap. That's why I was asking if it was a problem mating it up to a GSR or ITR block, pluging in the axles and having the car be driveable.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, the tranny should lineup fine if you have the right clutch alighnment tool (88 integra).

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Defi4nce said:
Oh, the tranny should lineup fine if you have the right clutch alighnment tool (88 integra).
Okay... I'll find out this weekend if he'll be wanting to buy that tranny from you. My feeling is yes, but I don't know. I'll catch you after the weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.