·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you fix this?

·
Registered
659 Posts
get a new one... while ur getting those u should probably buy new bushings... i just did my install and broke both bolts and messed up the bushings... replaced them with energy suspension bushings... since you have it apart u might as well replace it all

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
getting a new bolt isnt the problem, getting the old one out is.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah it broke off clean bt then I tried to drill it out but didnt finish. I dont know what I am gonna do now. My car is sittin outside on jack stand with 3 springs put on. Im so pissed it broke. I hope we can get it out.

·
Registered
659 Posts
just keep workin on it... it will eventually come out... i would say use a torch but if you didnt buy new bushings than you cant go that route cause it will mess up the bushings... if u did buy new bushings than go ahead and try the torch but watch out for the ABS lines

·
Registered
659 Posts
let us kno when u get it out... we might be able to help u out more if u can get a pic of the bolt for us to see how it looks... and dont 4get to post up some pics of the car when completed... the bolt will eventually come out just keep playing with it... the lca bolts fuckin suck... god damn rust :mad

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its the bolt that connects to the whole brake hub and stuff, not the one the shock is on. Ima try to take it out tomorow, I have a few ideas.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, so im fucked. I cant get the bolt out for anythings so im going to get my car towed to a shop and let them deal with it. It sucks so bad b/c I was on my last spring and I was goin to fast and broke the bolt. :mad Hopefully It'll be in the shop tomorow. Ill go take a pic real quick and post it up.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
When minbe broke we took a saw-zall and cut the other end off, right on the front side of the bushing. Once the arm drops down, there is just barely enough room to put some vise-grips on the end of the bolt still stuck in the threaded part of the LCA. Slowly take out the bolt, get a new bushing, and have the shit pressed in. I broke so many bolts, I went ahead and got the Omni Power LCA's. Since you only broke one, I would just get a new bushing.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GSRGreenSleeper said:
When minbe broke we took a saw-zall and cut the other end off, right on the front side of the bushing. Once the arm drops down, there is just barely enough room to put some vise-grips on the end of the bolt still stuck in the threaded part of the LCA. Slowly take out the bolt, get a new bushing, and have the shit pressed in. I broke so many bolts, I went ahead and got the Omni Power LCA's. Since you only broke one, I would just get a new bushing.
Im bringing it into a shop. Im just tired of messing with it b/c I dont wanna fuck it up any more

·
Registered
425 Posts
My buddy had the same problem with his. We were on the last spring and shock and the bolt wouldn't come out. We tried everything, impact wrench, PB Blaster (kind of like WD-40 but it's for rusted bolts), Breaker bar. All of these didn't work. So he took it to a shop and they couldn't get it out. They just made it worse. So he took it back to his pad and decided to take out the whole LCA with the spring and shock attached. He started wailing on the bolt with a hammer. eventually it came out. The bolt was really rusted. Hope you get ot off! Those bolts are BITCHES!!

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
if it's big enough, drill it, tap it, glob up a bolt with loc-tite and screw it in most of the way, let it sit and dry then try to unscrew it with the new smaller bolt that is in it. Or drill it out with a smaller bit, then gradually work to a bigger bit till it it breaks or shatters with ease, then TAP it, you should be ok. I hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.