Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ahh, ok, I agree, this is one of the facts that made me decide to go with a conventional dry (maybe wet, but don't really see the need for it with what I plan on limiting the shot to) system. Now, when I get out of college and get a good-paying job, I'm gonna get me a corvette or a camaro, the LSx engines have a ton of support for DP dry. When that happens, it's gonna be on like Donkey Kong!

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just thought I'd post up that the MSD digital 6 -plus ignition control- PN6520 (ver batum from another post, not sure if that's the exact name) has a 12V pickup that will retard timing up to 9.9 degrees when 12V is applied. Maybe someone should post just that info as a sticky for future reference (hell of a lot cheaper that buying a standalone ECU just to manage timing when on the juice)

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
Just thought I'd post up that the MSD digital 6 -plus ignition control- PN6520 (ver batum from another post, not sure if that's the exact name) has a 12V pickup that will retard timing up to 9.9 degrees when 12V is applied. Maybe someone should post just that info as a sticky for future reference (hell of a lot cheaper that buying a standalone ECU just to manage timing when on the juice)

I have a digi 6 ignition..best investment I could have ever made..especially for a drag car..ahs a 2-step function that makes launches mroe consistant

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Good to hear it's a good piece, might pick one up for my future build. How badly would retarding the timing by 2 degrees hurt off the bottle performance? Might have to pick up the ignition sooner than I thought if it's gonna hurt off bottle performance (it's a good deal I can get on it now, so I might go ahead and get it either way)

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Why, the tires won't spin if I floor it, so no need for the tires; the suspension isn't going to greatly improve my launch and power transfer over stock with the horsepower I'm putting out, not enough to make a huge difference in race outcome anyway. I live in the middle of ricer-land here, so a "lightly modded civic" in your terms is a beast around here, at least for the "VVVEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKK PPPPPPOOOOOWWWWEERRRRRR, YYYYOOOOOOOO" type people, so basically I have ricer compitition.

All this is in relevance to straight-line power (wtf would I want nitrous in cornering situations, right?)
but those are mods you need to put the power down safely efficiently, you're increasing power by 50-70 hp. only logical you'd improve the things that put the power down. what do you think happens to suspension when you hard brake at high levels of speed or when you do a hard pull with 50 extra hp. brakes are worthless without decent tires.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Look WVU, I know what your saying, but I'm not putting money into suspension on a car that'll be gone in 3 or 4 years. I plan on getting some decent tires when I replace the one's I have on the car now (although the ones on it now are almost slicks, lol). If money was no object, then I would do the suspension, but money is the main object, time is also a major factor, so, not doing the suspension. Don't see progressively bringing in a 50 shot as a hard pull anyways.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Look WVU, I know what your saying, but I'm not putting money into suspension on a car that'll be gone in 3 or 4 years. I plan on getting some decent tires when I replace the one's I have on the car now (although the ones on it now are almost slicks, lol). If money was no object, then I would do the suspension, but money is the main object, time is also a major factor, so, not doing the suspension. Don't see progressively bringing in a 50 shot as a hard pull anyways.
trust me i get your situation. i'm broke at shit too. college+credit card+child support. :cry.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
IMO, child support is the biggest load of crap in the world. It almost never goes to benefit the kid directly, and the courts a full of it when they come up with how much you should pay (one of my older friends is a LEO and he makes, we'll say, 25,000) and he has to pay over 400 dollars a month. Explain to me how a child has 800 dollars a month spent on it (mother covers an equal amount). The whole idea is foolish to me, and my dad had to pay it to my mom, so I know how that stuff works. I would really love to build this car into a great machine, but it's just too much money to put into a car that's a sub-par platform to begin with (sub-par compared to what I plan on getting).
Would you recommend a wet or dry system for a 50 hp shot? I have both noids, so I would just have to tap into my fuel line. Although I would hate to have to spend the money for another jet and the added price of a wet nozzle, I don't want to skimp on the safety too bad. An extra 40 bucks isn't going to break me, lol.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
1. i know my ex's former bf called me 1.5 years ago to tell me how the dumb bitch didn't even spend the money on the kid. she had 5 trashbags full of brand new clothes never worn that she spent the money on. and btw. i make alot less than 25,000 a year since i'm in school and the judge ignored the forumula and said he feels i should pay 320 a month. guess that's what happens when you get a white girl pregnant in mon county pa.

2. a wet shot is always better but the dry shot will get the job done. when i'm done my streetable turbo build 350-400whp. i'm getting a direct port cheater wet shot for emergency use only hehe.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I read on nitrousforum.com that the dry shot has a little bit less of a torque spike upon activation, which would be good for my auto tranny, but is it true? My only current question is can I throw 50 extra HP at the auto tranny, or should I go smaller (please keep in mind that this is a system put together out of parts I'm collecting for a future build, so it's not like I'm spending all this money just to shoot 35 HP). The n2o is really just for sh*ts and giggles on my Honda, kind of a little reward for getting stuff together for the future. For 50 HP and under, I think dry will be safe enough, and I don't really want to have to tap my fuel system.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Doubt I will, it looks like I'm gonna have to go a ways just for a refill on the bottle, I've yet to find a fill station, any good site I can go to to find one? Plus I'm broke, plus I don't want to have to rebuild the tranny again or engine for the first time, plus I want to keep it incognito. :ninja:D

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
yea, but I don't have the money for it, and I'd hate to have to explain to my pa(grandfather) why my trans needs another rebuild after a year and a half. My response would be, idk, sh*tty work, maybe (after having removed any trace of the system of course :D) So, no idea on where to find a fill station then?

Just thought I'd give a wonderful example of the ignorance in my area:
In my senior year of high school, me and one of my buddies was looking at an issue of modified mag and they had a k24-swapped civic in it. The valve cover was red crinkle painted and we were both looking at the pic of the engine and he said to me "that's a nice looking head on that car" I told him that was the valve cover, he vehemently disagreed and had the audacity to ask me, "who's been teaching you about Honda's?", to which I responded, "who's been teaching you about cars?" He never did accept that it wasn't the head :bash:hehe

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
good ole Yadkin County, North Carolina. We're so country around here that people 2 counties away can tell we're from Yadkin by our accent(some of us anyway, and the hick-sounding ones actually know some basic car stuff, me included). This place is so backward that we didn't want a railroad coming through the county and disturbing the cows (why it's a dead place with only one major company now). I was born and raised (well, actually the hospital was one county up) here, so I feel I can say whatever I want about the inhabitants. By the way, the kid in question was one of those kids who have a mommy and daddy with way too much money and not near enough brains. Around here, those kids are the one who just get a job to show their parents that they're trying(we're talking one day a week, every once in a while is the max requirement), and then the parents pay for everything they want. Unlike me and my kind, who works 7 days a week, (but only for about 3 hrs a day:() and is getting ready to pick up another job and go to community college full time.

My situation isn't the worst by far, but it pisses me off that some people have to work so hard just to make it, when others don't have to do a damn thing and get everything they want, when they want it. Yea, that was my rant for today.:D

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
Good to hear it's a good piece, might pick one up for my future build. How badly would retarding the timing by 2 degrees hurt off the bottle performance? Might have to pick up the ignition sooner than I thought if it's gonna hurt off bottle performance (it's a good deal I can get on it now, so I might go ahead and get it either way)
its going to drop you some power...but honestly not enough to worry about

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.