Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I got a 5 dollars off coupon for Pro Gard Fuel injector cleaner from chevron from costco, so I bought a case back home. My question is how does the fuel injector cleaner works? I know that there are many kinds of injector cleaners (from cheap one to very expensive one); how they are different from another. Please tell me more!

I sometimes feed my car with shell 91 gasoline and sometimes I feed my car with 87. Please give me any suggestion!

Thank you!

· Registered
10,346 Posts
drive til your tank is empty, use one bottle in your tank, fill it up completely with gas, drive til empty, the goal is to keep the one bottle cleaner/one full tank ratio til its nearly empty, so the cleaner is stronger.

Id advise you to use no more then one bottle every 10k miles, too much cleaning will do damage. no one wants to have to shell out a few hundred for injectors

· Registered
4,086 Posts
okay so it cleans the injectors, but i think these dudes were getting at how does one product clean over another, do they use different chemicals or different methods? how exactly do they work? other than flowing the the system and whalah, they're clean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.