Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have been watching my fuel milage for the past month or so and I have avg about 270-290 miles on a full tank. I just wanted to know how much you guys were getting.

I have a 1990 4door ex Accord
214,000 miles
bad Egr
all four tires at 29psi(not sure what it should be at?)
Last oil change 2month ago using royal purple.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
i get 30mpg now :)

my h22 accord was getting around 370miles per 17gal tank. and the f23 was getting about 420 miles per tank.

·
Registered
579 Posts
270-290 on a full tank.......wow something is off or your driving the car real hard. I can still get at least 460 (normally higher) on my 97 accord with 170K and an auto. Now in my 01 stick shift I normally can get 460 but just last week I went to 510 (with a little highway mileage) and was only able to put in 14.2 gallons before it was full.

Timing is important but so is a properly tuned car. Royal purple........I use Pennzoil 10w-30 and get the mileage I do so I have always been curious to see if I could get more with R.P.

I would do a compression test on you car, check the timing, and do a tune-up for starters bro.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow, what could be wrong with my car. I dont drive hard at all, mybe once or twice a week when Im late for work. How do you guys get 400miles?????
I can get 200 the first half of the tank then 70-80 the last half

·
Registered
579 Posts
getting over 400 is not hard at all (in fact thats why I get closer to 500), just remember though how you take care of a car is how the car takes car of you. I still have plenty of short burst and floors from a stand still to get up to 70 when jumping on the highway so why you getting such poor gas mileage and not driving hard is beside me.

I would stick with that I mentioned earlier:

Tune-up, check timing, and do a compression test.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
seafoam :)

oh, and you can gain some mileage w/ one of these:

how convenient is it that i have 3 for sale for $150ea shipped ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
bro if your getting 10 miles per gallon then you definitely don't belong on this website. Not being rude, just honest............ :bash

your car would need to be parked for killing the environment......or yo could come drive in front of me....I could RUN my car off your exhaust fumes!

·
Registered
17,396 Posts
wipeout97 said:
bro if your getting 10 miles per gallon then you definitely don't belong on this website. Not being rude, just honest............ :bash

your car would need to be parked for killing the environment......or yo could come drive in front of me....I could RUN my car off your exhaust fumes!
you idiot..

all hummer and F450 drives should be dead then.

my accord got average of 430 for full tank[02 accord 4cyl auto]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is because some sensors on my trans are gone so the sports feature is always on so it holds on the gears for longer and it pulls more gas.
I am trying to get the parts but the junk yard dont gant to sell me just the sensors they want to sell me the whole trans.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
threaten to take your business somewhere else then if they don't want to give you just the sensors. there are thousands of different junk yards out there that can get you waht you need. there is even a pick-a-part you can go to if needed

·
Registered
51 Posts
i did threaten them. and i did go to 2 other junk yards and 1 of them didnt even have a trans they were all out, and the other 1 told me they only sell the whole thing but after arguing for a while, he said he was going to check if there was a bad trans that had the sensors. am going to go check if he found any on monday.

·
Registered
89 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
i get 30mpg now :)

my h22 accord was getting around 370miles per 17gal tank. and the f23 was getting about 420 miles per tank.

:eek :eek :wow :eek

I get almost exactly 275 miles per full tank. I'm thinking though it's a combination of how I drive and the fact that usually if you're driving anywhere in the Orlando area, it's on surface roads, not highways...which would translate to about 18 mpg "city", maybe a little more. Does that sound about right for a '96 LX with 142k miles on it and in need of an oil change?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
you need a grounding kit and power stabilizer ;) hook it up to your ac compressor and you will get better mileage even w/ the ac on :hehe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts