Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the sending unit which JR says to tap into the stock fuel rail.
I didn't want to take a chance of messing up my stock fuel rail so I got an AEM fuel rail with the hole aready tapped for it.

My only problem is that with the adapter the sending unit won't get past the SC belt bracket. So I decided to buy some fittings to turn it 90 degrees but it doesn't come out far enough and smacks the manifold. anyone else have some ideas so I don't have to use 10" of fittings and adapters?

also with a 90 degree bend will it affect the reading?

· Registered
2,529 Posts
I don't really have any ideas, but I know that a 90* bend won't hurt it at all. I have an underhood B&M fuel pressure gauge and it came with either a straight up&down fitting as well as a 90* fitting. I personally used the straight up&down fitting, and it works great. I would like to have a fuel pressure gauge in the car, but at this point it's really not necessary for me... I too could probably bolt the sending unit onto the AEM fuel rail I have, but don't know how well or if that would work, and I'm assuming my fuel rail looks different than yours.

· Registered
25 Posts
I used the $24 B&M gauge set and added a $3 "T" bracket, sometimes called a 'base.' You'll find this much cheaper than the fuel rail; see if you can return it, becasue there isn't any HP located there, at the power we are making.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.