Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I have a d16z6 with skunk2 camshaft, pm6 pistons, skunk2 ecu, and kms valvetrain. I would like to know the correct fuel pressure for this combination, I seem to put it on 38 and sparkplugs come out very dark black assuming to much fuel but when I put it around 30 it becomes very hot, I would like to know if with this combination I have to be with plenty of rich fuel or does it have to be brownish light sparkplugs for hte car to run fast and safely without being choked. Which combination is best for performance, can anyone help? I aprecciate it

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
you still have the stock injectors in there?

·
Registered
719 Posts
if your running rich your not in any immediate trouble. but i would get some different injectors and throw on a hondata unit or a vafc and get it tuned :number1

·
Registered
719 Posts
98civcEK said:
there's no way to just say what FP to set it at. you need to tune it. on a dyno preferrably.

yep :)

·
Registered
401 Posts

The stock fuel presssure should be set at 34-35 psi baseline(should be about 10 psi over whatever you set it as with the vaccuum line off). If you want to bump the fuel pressure, just a few PSI should do it. Don't drop any lower than 34 at idle with full vaccuum. The stock injectors will flow more than enough for your setup. Your best bet is to Get it to a tuner and have the combination dialed in(on a dyno). Just throwing a bunch of parts together without getting it dialed in is a sure way to make less power and drive yourself nuts. Your car will be different from the next car even if you have the same mods. Might be similar but not exact so a custom tune without having your car on a dyno will not give you the most out of your combination.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.