Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to get a FPR??
Cheap, I'm looking for a Command FLO or something similar that really works.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got my B&M FPR at carparts.com about a year ago. go to importhookup.com, they have some coupon crap there that'll save you shipping costs, or 10% off etc etc...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have got a lot of good deals through vendors on Groupbuycenter. They may not have a groupbuy going on but the individual vendors usually will give you a good deal.

You could look at Summit as well. I have never been too impressed with their prices but they have free shipping and I think they are fast as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
well.....

B&M CommandFlo's are okay, but they're band for adjustment is not really that wide. for more adjustability, look into a Vortech. then again, the amt of adjustability you need depends on how much pressure you actually need. the Vortech goes to 75# i think, but you might wanna check their website for more info.

n1cK

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks guys, i'm going on vacations and when i get back i get back to my teggy. Vortex sounds good if it adjust better than CFLO. Maybe is more expensive too. It's late and I don't have time to research. NY people watch out I'm on my way. Me and my wife are going to visit friends in MD and hopefully stop by NY. Later.

LOTS< LOTs of whiskey for my vacations:cool: :D :sonic:

·
Registered
111 Posts
AEM FPR w/Fuel Rail!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AEM

I heard something not too good about AEM FPR. Not sure what was it , but I think that here in this board someone had a problem with it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
i'v heard good things about the B&M but also the AEM i'v heard that the AEM replaces the old one and the B&M bolts on 2 your old one.most likely i'm going 2 buy the B&M the good thing about the B&M is it's a lot cheaper

·
Registered
8 Posts
Installed B&M FPR on my GSR. Purchased from SPEEDTECH AUTO in Toronto Canada $ 160 CDN includes gauge and all taxes. Check 'em out at speedtechauto.com.Cheers !

·
Registered
198 Posts
I got a frickin AEM and the fitting for the fuel return line interfered with a bump/weld-spot on my intake manifold, so I had to get out my drill and a sanding pad and take about an 1/8" off of it in order for the FPR to fit. Once that was done though, it worked fine for the $120 I paid for it.

I don't know if my intake manifold was different than the cars they used to design the FPR housing, so it could've just been a variation in my intake manifold that caused the interference.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
B&M

B&M it is. I will try to place an order soon. I found it for $85 shipped w/g in www.jdmparts.com but I went for vacations and come back and is not there anymore. :mad:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I slapped on my AEM fuel rail and fpr with no problems (on a b16). my friend has everything AEM has to offer for the fuel system and the only problem was a clearance problem with the fpr and skunk2 tie bar... i know have a skunk2 tie bar b/c of it. thank you aem! everyone i know that uses aem swears by it though.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
ive only heard good things about the B&M FPR.....im not sure a NA would need the adjustability the vortech fpr offers...but i know that one is high quality too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fuel Pressure Settings??

What do you guys set the fuel pressure at? I'd CAI and racing catalytic converter. My is 34 psi stock.

·
Registered
111 Posts
www.landspeedracing.com

real cheap prices on aem cold air intakes... real cheap. and they have about everything else aem also

·
Registered
9 Posts
well.....

there's not really a setting that everybody can go by, especially for fuel pressure. first, you have to look at exactly what you have, and how far you are willing to go? are your injectors stock? if not, what is the flowrate of the injectors? a good way to tune it (and to me the only way) is on a dyno. make different runs, steadily increasing fuel pressure. once you see horsepower at its peak and no longer increasing (compared with the other runs), that is what you keep fuel pressure at. if you change your fuel pump or injectors, then your fuel pressure will also change. if you add any ecu piggy backs, or retune your ecu, then it's also a good idea to re-do the fuel pressure. if you're not going with aftermarket injectors, make sure you have good, clean injectors.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
PB FOOT said:
www.landspeedracing.com

real cheap prices on aem cold air intakes... real cheap. and they have about everything else aem also
I agree, landspeed does have good stuff at good prices. They carry a lot of AEM stuff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts