Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a zex dry kit on my 93 GSR. I had the moto(b17a1) built for turbo (82mm JE 9:8:1 forged, 255 walbro, ect.) but i have to sell the turbo kit because my WRX needs a new motor. So anyway, I have the 65 shot in at the moment. I had my fuel pressure set at 54 with the vac. line off the regulator and pluged. with the vac. line installed it was at 44. I took out about 2 degree's of timing and blasted up the street for a few gears then shut the car off and parked. When i checked the plugs (ngk-bkr7e's) the tip and the outer metal portion were very slightly a rainbowish color. I think this means i need more fuel so i upped the fuel presure like 4-5 psi, ran it again and they look less colorful and alittle darker on the metal, the insulator is still white ( i asume because they are brand new?) does everything sound good to you? color/pressure. :clap

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have mine set at 45psi. w/vac line on and my plugs are reading that they are a little rich(a little black soot on them).that is in a b16 w/75 shot retarded 4deg. My car has ran great time and time again at the track and never had any fuel problems yet. just keep in mind that a little richer is better than lean b/c more horsepower and less chance of detonation. good luck with the setup.oh yeah my zex plugs made the car run better than the ones you have. just a thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.