Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'm been trying to figure this out, i fill up my gas tank and drive about 86 miles and now the needles reads at about 1/2( two days worth of driving). i let it go down to 1/4 and fill it back up, it only took about $8.00. so i drive it till the neddle reads below empty and i mean below the red line at about 172 miles it dies on me( the gas light never came on). could this be the sending unit causing the gauge to be incorrect or could i just be burning through that much gas. the engine is stock execpt for a short ram intake and b&m fuel pressure regulator (set to factory spec). any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Could be a hole in your tank, or a leak in your lines? I had the same problem basically and my old prelude started to skip and pop, and I looked at the gauge it was below empty, and when I left my driveway I had almost a 1/8th a tank. I just barely got into a gas station, filled up my tank, and I parked it over dry pavement and watched, no leak. Until i started it, never thought to look under it when i started it because it had a hole in one of the stainless lines, and it was spraying out gas like nothin, I realized this after I went through a half a tank in only one day of daily driving. But, definently check for leaks.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i checked for any leaks but could not find anything. maybe i'm just burning through a full tank of gas in about 172 miles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts