Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a fuel pump on a d16a 'doch' zc?,

I am putting one in but have never done one before and dont really know what to do ..., plus the new fuel pump and all its little accesories look confusing :confused

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I just seen that I said that wrong, I thought maybe different engines might have a different fuel pump and different bits and peices that go on and off.
are all crx's the same when it comes to fuel pump regardless of engines?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fuel pump in, DIY yO! :D

At first it was very intimidating and took ages but now that ive done it I could easily do it again and quickly, I took ages and took my time so I did everything right and didnt break anything or take something off I shouldnt,

Brand new walbro 255 pump, supports up to 500hp, crx runs really well with it :number1

Most people say you have to completly remove the fuel tank, but I wasnt doing that, theres way to many fuel lines :confused
I disconnected battery, jacked crx up, undone both fuel tank straps and let tank drop done at the back, disconnected one fuel line and it come down a little more, disconnected fuel line to fuel pump, undone 6 bolts around fuel pump cap thingy ''they were rusted and covered in dirt and stripped to hell and had to use a vice grip ... took ages'', pulled bracket/pump out, had 2 wires going into it and instead of disconnecting main harness under rear seats I just cut the wires and later resolded them, take old pump off and only had to connect 2 new wires for new pump and put it back on like old one .. easy,

Would have been easeir to access pump and undo bolts if tank was off and put pump back in but the hassel of reconecting all the fuel lines would have been even worse then not taking tank off :hehe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.