Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was running just fine yesterday. Wake up this morning to warm up my car, starts right up I go back in the house. I come out to go to work and they car isn't running, odd. So I start it up and drive off to AM/PM. As I'm leaving the car shuts off in the driveway, I start it right back up. When I get to work I'm letting the car idle, I can hear a sort of bubbling sound coming from the fuel pump area and the idle slowly drops from the usual 750rpm range down to about 690 and the engine feels like it's just barely starting to stutter like it might die but it didn't. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

·
Registered
471 Posts
could be a shit load of thing, battery, alternator, fuel sys, idle speed, dashpot, fuel pressure, spark plugs, wires

·
Registered
39 Posts
if your're hearing sounds coming from the fuel pump, isnt that an indication that it probably is the fuel pump?? get your fuel pressure and lines checked first, and then go from there. if the fuel pressure is fine then you'll know the problem isnt fuel related. if the pressure's low, then it could be the fuel pump, fuel lines, main relay, fuel injectors, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, or anything fuel related.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It may have just been the cold weather or something, the car seemed to be fine today. I'll keep an eye on it and have the filter and stuff checked out anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts