Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I just bought a 2000 Honda Civic EX. It has a 99 Integra Engine, 99 Civic SI transmission and TURBO. I am pushing 7 pounds of boost with my stock fuel pump and injectors. I want to know, how many pounds is max for a civic. I mean, I don't want to blow anything but I do want to get the most out of it. (and be safe). I need to know how big of a fuel pump and injectors to get too.

My car runs a 13.2 quarter mile. I am looking to add NOS later but for now I want my car to scream with pure turbo. Please respond with advice that is acurate.
Thanks
Shane :)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Well if you want accurate answers then you MUST list your set-up.
I generally don't respond to posts like this, but Who knows maybe I will...
What size of turbo?
Fuel management?
Intercooled?
If you cant answer those 3 questions then don't bother messing with the turbo, leave it how it is.

I'm bored so here's the "speach"
Your motor is good for about 300whp with good tuning.
If your looking to make more power get it on a dyno with a wideband 02 sensor and tune it (or have someone)...Since your running stock injectors your going to need larger (450cc+) injectors and probably some sort of fuel management since your probably running a fmu as of now. If so...don't touch the boost at all until you get some form of actual fuel management.....
read through the archives (search).....you'll find a bunch of usefull info and understand a lot more about your set-up.
You'll also learn that PSI doesn't equal HP...it actually equals Pounds per Square Inch....read up and I'm sure that will make more sense.....actualy i'm possitive sinec I've explained that about 30,000,0000,001 times.

·
Registered
255 Posts
To be on the safe side i would not exceed 5PSI with stock injectors and fuel pump. Goto http://www.theoldone.com and grab thier bosch pump and some 450's or 550's like the guy above posted. Get some engine management Hondata ,Uberdata , AEM etc.. and get a good tuner and you can make some decent power.

List some more of your setup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts