Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when are the fuel regulator, rail and such needed? or whens it recommended..i see a lot of people with all these fuel gauges but when do you know you need it? im pretty sure oits not needed with the simple bolt ons but what about upgraded cams? info on fuel system..thanks

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
fuel rails are more for show. the stock ones are good enough unless you wanna have some high hp maybe like 300 hp. Its not written in stone that if you have this you need a fuel rail...
FPR are good when you want to get more fuel because you have more air. Like in a nitrous system.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
i'm prepping my car up for turbo (from full-race.com) so right now i have an aeromotive FPR and a Benen fuel rail all lined up with earl lines and fittings..

here's some pics:

:p

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Intgra92Passion said:
those sorts of things are used for FI.
Only the fuel rail really, the FPR can be used on all appliations and in alot of those cases form mild to crazy N/A they can help qiute a bit...

But you need a gauge for it...

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
TodaTeg said:
Only the fuel rail really, the FPR can be used on all appliations and in alot of those cases form mild to crazy N/A they can help qiute a bit...

But you need a gauge for it...
word...

some dood dynoed 8hp just buy adjusting the FPR...

on a N/A car too :tu:

:)

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
The FPR with my cams is essential, in my mind anything much beyond bolt-ons is probably a good time for an FPR. Fuel rails on the other hand do not need upgrading until you have a LOT of power coming from a BIG need for fuel.

Dammit I want that Benen bar. Had to settle for my used Neuspeed, but whateva. Thinking about welding up a Benen copy though, that design rocks.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
White98LS said:
The FPR with my cams is essential, in my mind anything much beyond bolt-ons is probably a good time for an FPR. Fuel rails on the other hand do not need upgrading until you have a LOT of power coming from a BIG need for fuel.

Dammit I want that Benen bar. Had to settle for my used Neuspeed, but whateva. Thinking about welding up a Benen copy though, that design rocks.
hehe :tu:

or you could lemme hook you up with them....

<--Benen sponsered (partially)

they're sold out completely till xmas time ;)

another bar to look at is the carbing one but some guys said it presses down on the reseviors..

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Dude hook it up mang! I can wait until X-mas! One thing though, one of my friends said that strut bars that brace against the firewall are illegal in the auto-x club I race with. But anyway, I'm getting off-topic...

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
White98LS said:
Dude hook it up mang! I can wait until X-mas! One thing though, one of my friends said that strut bars that brace against the firewall are illegal in the auto-x club I race with. But anyway, I'm getting off-topic...

yeah, each sanctioned event is diff from others..some guys don't care (mildly modified)

if anything take it off on race day :tu:

but yeah, i can hook it up..here's some info to who you can talk to..

Domenique Montes
[email protected]
Business Development
BENEN Industries
www.BENEN.com
650.598.9460 office
650.598.9463 fax

that's who you can talk to...tell them Alex with the white GSR from Hawaii sent ya

my buddy in florida is waiting for his benen stuff for his ITR :tu:

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Sweet, thanks bud!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts