Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the SH forum and figured that this is the best way to jump in.
I recently removed the turbo kit from my d16 while rebuilding the turbo. I decided
to keep the AEM standalone in there to see what I could geet out of the car with no extras.
Below are the maps that are currently running the stock engine, cold air intake, stock header,
87 octane. (i know, i know should be 91 or higher,lol)

Question is, why am i leaning outa round 5500 rpm and higher? take a look at the map
and you can see that im dumping loads of fuel in that rpm range. Actually, its maxed out
and wont let me add anymore fuel. My thoughts where to either replace the stock injectors
with 550cc, bump up the octane, or leave he car alone comletely until the turbo is rebuilt.

Either way, let me know what you think.

Timing map

fuel

· .Black.on.Black.
11,218 Posts
right around 6-6500 is where most d16s make there top top power.... and running lean is a good way to make power... just a thought. let me know what you come up with im interested
running lean is not such a good idea.

he could up his duty cycle, flowing more fuel at that RPM range...

you might want to post this in the ECU section.

Someone make me a MOD already. :lmao

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
running lean is not such a good idea.

he could up his duty cycle, flowing more fuel at that RPM range...

you might want to post this in the ECU section.

Someone make me a MOD already. :lmao
hitting 5500-6000 gives me 16-17 a/f reading. as soon as I see that I back off the throttle. I was thinking that the injectors might be maxed but havent had the chance to look into raising the duty cycle. gotts find out what the max duty cycle for the injectors are. will be doing that this weekend.

oh and yeah, MAKE HIM A MOD ALREADY, I think. lol. Thanks for the input. I will try these ideas and report back.

· Registered
1,993 Posts
Im just getting into tuning too but i havent really tuned a car at all just getting the basics down and everything buuut is it a possibiliy maybe your map sensor calibrated too low?

· .Black.on.Black.
11,218 Posts
honestly the best thing for you would to probably just get the set up you want (what injectors you want ect ect) and get it tuned, just for your street set up... and once its turbo again, then re-tune it... let someone who gets paid do it, plus with the AEM standalone im sure its easy as breezy to tune it.

· Registered
1,993 Posts
He could do it his self he just has tobe careful..Becuase nitrous is different

From what ive hear you actually advance the time when dealing with N20

· Registered
1,993 Posts
yea weird right?..it was from my instructor at UTI. He knoes a good bit about tuning..his buddy has like a 600hp camaro on spray.

Im pretty sure he said advanced but i can talk 2 him again. N20 is kind of tricky

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where the hell did you read that this dude had anything to do with Nitrous?!

;)
Was thinking the same thing, lol.

Im really interested in tuning it myself so the most i would do is pay the tuner for some instruction. there are a few online dvd's circulating and the AEM forum isnt all that bad with helpful info.

nitrous oxide? so, you say your instructor said to advance the timing on spray uhh? well, N2o is another form of forced induction and if I remember correctly you need to retard your timing by 2 degrees for every 50 shot. Someone correct me if Im wrong. Havent read up on the "juice" in a while.

· Registered
1,993 Posts
Yeah idk I didnt believe it either, its just what i heard...He proably said less advance or w/e, idk..I was goin research it but nevr got aroudn to it..I know how to deal with FI dont worry.

· .Black.on.Black.
11,218 Posts
Yeah idk I didnt believe it either, its just what i heard...He proably said less advance or w/e, idk..I was goin research it but nevr got aroudn to it..I know how to deal with FI dont worry.
I still dont understand why your talking about spray? DAY the Original poster, was asking about fuel maping, and taking about a turbo... so i duno where you got Nitrous from.

and fyi, you do retard 2 degrees for every 75 shot of juice... but thats only on DOHC's.

and DAY, just keep searching, plus im sure AEM has an amazing customer help line... alot of the bigger companys do, i have been e-mailing back and forth with a guy from ZEX trying to figure out my issues...

send someone at AEM Tech a e-mail... never hurts braaahh.

· Registered
1,993 Posts
i could of sworn i read he wasnted to spray it..i guess i misread it

No he edited it..yea thats it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.