Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, not long to go now.

Just a question about fueling.

I have got a Revhard stage 2 kit with the vortec FMU 12:1 (I Think). I have got 310cc injectors and a feild V-AFC.

I think the stock fuel pressure is about 40psi. I will want to run atleast 12 PSI (Engine will be fully built) (, but this will put my fuel pressure up really high.

12psi x 12 boost + 40psi (Stock pressure) = 184 psi at the fuel rail..... Would my system be able to cope with that?

It is a b16a2.

I live in the UK so buying new stuff will be really hard as i have to get all the stuff imported from the USA and costs alot of money.

Can someone give me some advise.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Ok so if i buy more injectors again (550cc) i will easily be able to run 12 psi? Would i have to get rid of my FMU (12:1) and just use my V-AFC to adjust the fueling at lower rpm's.

Would i need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator aswell?

Do you guys over there have a company called superchips?

www.superchips.co.uk

We dont have Hondata over here so would i be able to get superchips to do a custom fuel map...

Any advice is really appreciated!!

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again

I have ordered RC 440cc saturated injectors coz they dont make 550cc (or importparts dont stock them).

Any advice on setting up my fueling now?

use fmu? Vafc? etc.

Please could someone give me some advice asap as i will need to book it in to a dyno tomorrow and dont want to be missing anything to tell them. The reason i need alot of help is coz there are probably less than 5 turbo honda's in the UK so no tuning company knows much bout them, and i really want it done right!!

what is the max that the stock fuel pump and the inline revhard stage 2 fuel pump can pump (in PSI @ the rail)

Also if i use the FMU i wont need it to raise the pressure 12psi for every pound cos i have far bigger injectors than stock so can i bleed a bit or the pressure going to the FMU using a Manual Boost controler?

Need lots of advice!! :)

Thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
maybe its just because its early and im half asleep, but im confused as shit. once you get on the dyno, you will know exactly what you need to do, thats what its for

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you got bigger injectors you can bypass your FMU...Just tune them with the VAFC and you'll be fine. The FMU setup is mainly for under 10 pounds of boost and stock injectors. 450's should be FINE...usually when people get 450's they have to tune them down to almost half duty cycle so don't believe anyone when they say you need 550's to run 12 pounds of boost :rolleyes: My buddy has a JRSC'ed 99lude running some 310's and he's not even using the full capacity of the injectors. With a 1.6L B16A2 you won't even push the 450's to the limit on 12 pounds. Good luck and let us know your numbers when you are done.

Oh yeah i assume your revhard came with an inline fuel pump for the FMU setup. You might want to ditch that and go to an intank because an intank will flow more volume vs an inline which flows more pressure which is needed for the FMU. Your limiting factor will be your stock fuel pump not your 450 injectors. A 255lph intank should be plenty for your setup.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Just what i needed.

One last question! :)

When i get the car back, i will have to run it in for 500-1000 miles so how do i get the car to run right in the run in period without taking it to a dyno?(The car has to be run in before taking it to a dyno, Right??).

What i mean is, how to get it to idle properly, not run major ritch, etc.

Thanks for the help guys.

Steve

.......Cant wait, not long to go now :)))))

1 - 9 of 9 Posts