Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Keeping in mind that the motors is fully built, all internals,p&p, the whole nine yards, How much horse can you squeeze out of honda engines (roughly).

The reason for my asking is that my mom wont let me put a turbo charger in her 1st gen Civic so i gotta just rely on building the motors. No forced induction.

heh just kidding. I actually have a kid on the way and the GF wants me to stick around a little longer. Don't Ask!! :)

Im hopefully going to swap something into my 93 sol but cant come to picking the right engine. Its either between the b16a (99 SI), H22a, or b18c1 (i cant afford to start out with a type r or i would).

Any thoughts on top end horsepower out of those engines if they are fully built? I just read an article in import tuner i think with the B-series shootout, not sure if anyone else saw that, but a company that did up a gsr got 282 crank HP out of it.

Thanks alot. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
hmm there was a movie on SHO about a fully built b16, it had 200 whp. i would think a b18 or a h22 could do 220-250....whp. just my thoughts. i think i lowballed the guess on the h22 built engine. i was thinking about a all motor car... a k20 swap would be a great engine to work with because of its displacement. a built engine and a Cry 02 system would be nice.

- i lowballed all the whp figures. just to be safe

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
fully built B-series motors I have seen put out close to 240 whp. BUT IT'S TUNED OUT THE WAZOO!!!! You can build a B18C1 with toda stage 18's and have a compression ratio of 56.3:1 (exaggeration guys) and put 44whp down. You just need to know what you're doing and tune it. I built a freinds LS/Vtec almost exactly like mine (GS-R head as opposed to a B16 like mine :D) and we went to the dyno, he put down 167whp. They tuned it and they got the HP to damn near 200whp. ([email protected] 7950 rpm) So built it well and tune it right!!!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I have a friend that HAD a Jerry built LS-VTEC, the thing put down something like 242 whp.

LS block - sleeved and bored to 2.0 L
GSR head - port and polished like crazy
Skunk 2 IM
Portflow valvesprings and Ti retainers
Skunk2 Cams
IB pistons
Eagle rods
stock crank
SMSP header
Hondata S100
440 cc RC Injectors
GSR tranny w/ 4.785 FD

Dynoed at Prostreet.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the HP has to stop sometime with a N/A motor. With FI you can go much higher obviously. I just wanted a few numbers to work with before I start building. I just picked up a GSR longblock and im going to start building it now.

Im guessing im going to need the ECU, Wiring harness, dist, alt and all that other crap to fit it in my del sol. Will I need a mount kit for Hasport?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
IMHO, It should just bolt right in!!! Only thing though, is that if your Sol isn't vtec, then you will have to run the wires to the ECU... Make sure that you build it to your driving needs.. You dont want to build it to be just strip, but also streetable... You dont want to end up SOL!!! LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh boy thats a good one! :) hehe

anyway, the 93 sol was vtec with the d16z6. Im going to have to get the engine mounts from hasport but i got a buddy helpin me build it. he built some sick shit in the last couple years so he is hel[ping me on the internals. Looking at the head package from Import Builders right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts